Adjusting Question Weight
When creating assessments, the test creator can adjust the weight of an individual item. This is done in order to increase or decrease the raw value which, in turn, changes the percent value of that item within the overall percent score. The weight of an item can be adjusted to "0" in order to omit or remove the raw value of an item from a test.
Clicking on the image below will open an editable table that demonstrates the effect of changing the weight of an item type on the overall percentage and point values for items on the assessment.
Editing Question Weight
Question weight is edited on the test under the Assessment tab. Question weight can be adjusted while the test is Pending or Active.
- Open the Questions tab.
- Hover over the question that you are editing.
- Click the green pencil to open the editing window.
- From the editing window, open the Options tab.
- For multiple choice or numerical response questions enter the desired weight in the Question Weight field.
- For constructed response questions you can adjust the question weight and the scoring range.
- Click Finish.
Setting the weight to zero for a question will remove the questions point value from the overall scoring percentages. The value of all other questions will automatically adjust to accommodate for the change.
Note: If you adjust question weights after an assessment has already been scored it will need to be rescored under the Students tab for local assessments or the Advanced tab for teacher and team tests. For more information on rescoring assessments go to the Creating a Test section.