Strive was developed to support staff with a complete goal-setting and implementation process through which they can assess their needs, set goals, plan the necessary actions, and document progress. Professional goals allow staff to tag professional standards to their goals, define the success criteria for their goals, and plan actions to support goal attainment. Once created, this enhanced goal provides messaging between appraiser and appraisee with timestamping for tracking communications directly in the goal. And appraisees can attach evidence of goal progress including text, links, attachments, and connections to the Workshop portfolio system. Professional goals keep all these items in one place for easy tracking of professional growth.
Quick Demo: Add Professional Goals
Important: Before you begin using the enhanced professional goal feature, check your Evaluations tab to access the evaluation process outlined by your administrators. Use the (+) button next to the evaluation steps needed to access the goal setting documents required. If a form is accessed, use that form to complete the steps your district has determined for your evaluation type.
Add A Professional Goal:
1. Click the Evaluations tab to access your evaluation process.
2. Click the (+) button in your evaluation process and the Add New Goal pop-up will appear.
3. A goal can also be created in the Goals tab and by clicking the (+) button to open the same Add New Goal pop-up window.
In the New Goal window:
- Enter your New Goal statement.
- Note: You can drag the bottom right of the text window to make this textbox larger if you need it.
- Add your Success Criteria.
- Note: Success Criteria is an optional part of Goal creation where professionals can focus their Action planning by defining what successful attainment of the Goal will look like. We encourage instructional leaders to coach their Appraisees to define attainable, measurable outcomes in the Success Criteria section.
- Select the Standards from the list provided
- Click the Add an Action button to add actions and dates for completing the specific actions. An Additional Action button appears after entering the initial action.
- Choose the Date for the new goal to be completed. Click on the date to get a calendar pop-up to more easily select a date.
- Click the Save button.
Once you save your Goal, it will appear in your Goals list. Goals created in either the Goals or Evaluations tab will appear in your goal list.
Goal Icon Indicators
Next to each goal is an icon colored to match the status of the goal.
A grey icon means the goal is in edit mode and has not been submitted for approval.
A gold icon means the goal has been submitted and is waiting for appraiser approval.
|A blue icon means the goal has been approved and is on target for future completion.|
|A green icon means the goal has been completed.|
|A black icon means the goal has been archived.|
- Click on your newly added goal to open the menu options to Edit, Delete, Copy to New Goal, or Submit for Approval.
- Click Submit for Approval to send your goal to your appraiser for approval.
Editing a Goal
- Once a goal has been submitted for approval, it cannot be edited. But you can use the Copy to New Goal button to copy the existing goal to a new goal to edit as needed and then submit for approval.
Access more information on the Life of Enhanced Goals in Strive.