Watch the 30-minute webinar recording from August 10th "All About Goals" or the quick 3.5 minute video below from YouTube on how to add an an enhanced goal.
There are two ways to Add New Goals in Strive:
1) If your district has created an Evaluation Process, you can Add a New Goal to match the requirement for your evaluation process in the Evaluations tab.
This will allow you to create a goal to meet your district requirement for the evaluation process.
2) You can also create a goal in the Goals tab but this goal will not connect (for now) to the Evaluation Process. An upcoming update will allow users to move a goal over to their evaluation process.
On the Teacher Dashboard and in the Goals tab, select the New Goal button.
Note: Goals created in the Goals tab will not connect (for now) to the evaluation process. You will only see this goal in the Goals tab. However, goals created in the Evaluations tab will appear in both the Evaluation Process and the Goals tab.
In the New Goal window:
- * Enter your New Goal statement.
- Add your Success Criteria.
- Note: Success Criteria is an optional part of Goal creation where professionals can focus their Action planning by defining what successful attainment of the Goal will look like. We encourage instructional leaders to coach their Appraisees to define attainable, measurable outcomes in the Success Criteria section.
- Select the Standards from the list provided
- * Click the Add an Action button to add actions and dates for completing the specific actions. An Additional Action button appears after entering the initial action.
- * Choose the Date for the new goal to be completed. Click on the date to get a calendar pop-up to more easily select a date.
- Click the Save button.
- * indicates Required fields that must be completed before a goal can be submitted to an appraiser.
Once you save your Goal, it will appear in your Goals list.
Goal Icon Indicators
Next to each goal is an icon colored to match the status of the goal.
A grey icon means the goal is in edit mode and has not been submitted for approval.
A gold icon means the goal has been submitted and is waiting for appraiser approval.
|A blue icon means the goal has been approved and is on target for future completion.|
|A green icon means the goal has been completed.|
|A black icon means the goal has been archived.|
- Click on your newly added goal to open the menu options to Edit, Delete, Copy to New Goal, or Submit for Approval.
- Click Submit for Approval to send your goal to your appraiser for approval.
Editing a Goal
- Once a goal has been submitted for approval, it can not be edited. But you can use the Copy to New Goal button to copy the existing goal to a new goal to edit as needed and then submit for approval.
To access more information on the Life of Enhanced Goals in Strive, click here.