This step can be completed by anyone with Manage Inventory rights in Facilities & Events.
- Click on the Inventory tab
- Choose the campus
- Click Add Room button at the bottom of the screen. You must choose a campus for the Add Room button to appear.
- From the pop-up window is the list of Room Types. Select the Room Type entered from the last step, then click the Create button.
- The New Room is added to your campus list.
- Click on this new room and then click the Edit Room button from the top menu bar.
Based on the Custom Properties added in the last step, you can add basic information about your mobile lab in the General tab.
Room Title: Name your lab as it is called on your campus (i.e., Chromebook Cart 1, Chromebook Lab 2, iPad Cart $3, etc.).
Room Number: Repeat the name from Room Title.
Max Seating: Enter the number of users who can access the cart. For a computer cart, enter the number of devices on the cart. For a portable lab, enter the number of users who can use one cart.
Description: These details are what will appear in the Reservation form to describe the item. Be brief.