In the Inventory tab, while you have your New Room selected, click the Reservations & Assignments tab.
Under Asset Managers, add the person who is responsible for checking in/out this cart. You can add multiple managers in this space.
Under Room Reservations, select "Can be reserved by staff members via a checkout process".
*Note: The Allow Concurrent Reservations option is something to consider with a mobile cart. This allows overlap to occur if multiple staff need to access the cart during the course of a day. By allowing concurrent reservations, the manager can work with those staff to make sure they share the cart during passing periods.
The Reservation Workflow options appear to allow you to customize the availability of the mobile cart.
If the Hours under each schedule box do not match actual school hours, follow this article to reset those school hours. It is important in the reservation workflow to use corrected hours.
- Click the box for Inside School Hours. This will populate with other Reservation Workflows for your campus or district. You may need to create your own workflow for the mobile carts to show up in this list.
- Scroll to the very bottom of the screen to select the Manage Workflows button.
- Click the button at the bottom of this pop-up window for Add New Workflow.
- Name your Workflow.
*Note: If you will be using this same workflow for other mobile carts, you can reuse the same one over and over. If you expect different people to manage different carts, it is recommended you name the workflow to correspond to the cart.
- Click the Add Workflow Step button.
- An Approver must be selected who will approve or deny cart reservation requests.
- A notifier is optional to select someone who is simply notified that a request has been approved.
- Search for the Staff Member who will serve the roles selected in the Workflow step and click the Save button in this bottom window.
- Once you have your Workflow options selected and saved, close this pop-up window.
*Note: If you are interested in Group workflows or making reservation workflows applied to multiple campuses, you can learn more about that in this article.
- Return to the Reservations & Assignment tabs from the previous window. Uncheck the Inside School hours and then recheck it to refresh and bring in the new reservation workflow you created.
- Scroll down to Reservation Form options:
- No reservation form: Requires staff to basic system requirements in the checkout procedures.
- Use an existing template: Access templates from your Reservation forms.
- Use a custom reservation form: Allows you to customize a form for people to complete in addition to the basic system requirements. Click this option then click Edit Custom Reservation Form.
*Note: A custom reservation form for a mobile cart checkout process will allow the manager to add common questions associated with reservations (i.e., "do you need printing with this cart?", "will you be able to charge the cart during your off period?", etc.)
Once you have all the Workflows completed with Reservation Forms set, click Save.