Add Student Growth Goals
- Check your Evaluations tab for your district SLO/SGG requirement.
- Click the (+) button next to your SLO/Student Growth evaluation task.
- Enter your Goal statement for student growth.
- Enter your Success Criteria for determining goal success.
- Select the learning standards associated with your Student Growth Goal by drilling down from grade level to specific course folder.
- Enter a Start Date and a Completion Date for the goal.
- Click on the date box to open a calendar for easier date selection.
- Add at least one Action for evaluating student growth.
- Click the Save button.
*NOTE: If your district has manually entered student learning standards into Forethought, those standards will not appear in Strive for Student Growth Goal setting. An educator who teaches locally created standards can skip the Standards & Tags section of the Student Growth Goal template. Instead, the teacher may choose to type the student learning standard into the General Information section of the template.
If your district does not use Forethought or track learning standards, you will not have the option for Standards & Tags but you can add a goal without them.
Click the Save button after entering all required elements. You can view and make changes to the Student Growth Goal before clicking Submit for Approval.
Just like with the Professional Goal, teachers can add evidence indicating how they are working on achieving the specific Student Growth Goal.
To add more student growth goals, click the (+) button on the Student Growth Goal timeline in the Goals tab.