Strive Roles & Rights
Merging the two applications Appraise and Workshop provided the opportunity to redefine roles and rights. Check through your assigned roles and rights to make sure your staff has the proper access they need in Strive.
The Eduphoria! Roles and Rights Spreadsheet contains the Roles and Rights descriptions for all Eduphoria! applications. Use the tabs at the bottom to access all our application Roles & Rights descriptions. While this document is not printer friendly, it does provide roles and rights details and can be downloaded and edited as needed.
Best Practices for Roles and Rights
- Only a few users should be Appraisal or PD Administrators. One administrator may not be enough, but 30 is too many. Users with Appraisal or PD Administrator access have the greatest level of access within Eduphoria and can grant any and all rights to themselves.
- Each Role has certain Rights associated with it. When assigning a role to a user, a collection of rights will be automatically granted to the user.
- Do not randomly assign Rights.
- Assign Roles and only edit Rights as needed.
- Sometimes editing rights will remove access if you aren't careful.
- You can run a report of users who were assigned specific Roles and one of specific Rights.
- Checking all Roles doesn't give the user more rights.
- In most cases, the first role listed in each application grants the user administrator access for that application.