For 2021-2022 school year, Science and ELAR TEKS (adopted in 2017) are available. When updating learning standards, you may want to keep the old standards in place:
- for teachers to access and compare to new standards;
- if still testing in Aware with the old standards
When ready to remove the old learning standards, use the "Cut to Trash" method:
Deleting Folders/Groups - “Cut to Trash”
- Select (CTRL-Click), Cut, Course - Trash, CLICK ON FOLDER in Trash, Paste
- Make sure that when cutting a folder from one course to another, you have to click on the target folder BEFORE clicking Paste.
What if I don't have a Trash course? How do I make one?
A Trash course is a fast work-around to help remove many standards or folders of standards more quickly than using the delete option within the course. It's a little trick we discovered to help ease the pain of deleting!
Creating a Trash Course
- Manage Tab > Manage Course Tree
- Click on the name of the district (of the icon of the globe)
- Click "New Course"
- Type Trash and click Save
- Click Cancel to stop entering new courses
- Click Publish Tree (bottom right corner)
- Go to Manage Learning Standards
- Click on the new Trash Course just created
- Click "New Group"
- Title it Click HERE first, then click Paste. Do not publish this course.
- Publish the course now (but try not to ever again!)
- When your trash gets full, click Discard. All of those folders and standards that were added since the last publish date will be deleted and you saved yourself a ton of time! (OR if you want, you can create a new Trash course!)
- Manage Learning Standards
- Drill down to specific course
- Click on Options Tab
- Search for new set of TEKS
- Check the New
- Uncheck the Old
- Click Select Courses
- Click Import Standards from Courses
Keep in mind that you may want to wait to uncheck the old TEKS until you are finished testing in Aware for these standards.