Please first read the main article on Custom Data Importers
The four main components of custom data file importing are:
- Creation/management of a Custom Import Test Type
- File management
- File importing
- Data viewing (this article)
Viewing data for Custom Imports is much the same as viewing data for other assessments in Aware.
- All custom imports will appear in Quick Views under the grouping “Custom Import Tests”
- They will be organized under the custom Test Type and then just as all other tests
- The Search box at the top also works
- Extensions and Default Fields
- Any of the fields from the Default view that were included in the custom import will show data, the rest will show blank data
- If the QickviewExt option was included, the default view will include the fields created in the custom import. Note: You may still want edit the view to eliminate columns in which no data is needed.
- If the QuickviewExt option was not included, to view custom Extension fields, a user with Edit rights will need to find the special Extension folder in the Columns tab of the Edit menu
- A saved Quick View can be made so that teachers can also see Extension data
- Choosing a test for viewing will always start with the first Aware Default view: Student Scores