The reporting feature in Strive contains several report options. Appraisers and district administrators have the ability to analyze document data, view evaluation status, and print blank forms.
- Document Analysis Report - analyze data from one document
- Evaluation Status Report - view status of evaluation process for each appraisee
- Goal Summary Spreadsheet Export - view status of goals by appraisees
- Unsigned Document Report - view unsigned electronic signatures on documents
- Blank Documents - print a blank version of a document
To generate these reports, click on Reports, then Appraisal Reports on the left navigation panel.
Document Analysis Report
The Document Analysis report will give you a summary of how many times a particular item was selected on a given evaluation template or goals document. It will also inform you as to which campuses and staff members were included in the report.
To generate a Document Analysis report
- Select the document from the list. Each document pulls from the forms available in your Evaluation Templates. Scroll through the containers for Reflection Documents, Walkthrough Documents, Observation Documents, Evaluation Documents, and Summative Documents.
- Use Filter Items to filter by campus, staff criteria, appraisee type, district groups, appraisal dates, or question item.
- Click the Print button to save the report and view ways to download data as PDF or an export to spreadsheet.
Export Score Counts to Spreadsheet Report
A district can generate this report to determine how each employee scored in each of the possible matrix headings for a specific document. Texas districts can use this report to calculate the teachers who have received at least one Improvement Needed score on a document, and districts can also determine which teachers qualify for T-TESS Waiver during a specific year.
Note: If a district does not filter on any fields before generating the spreadsheet, then all evaluations created using that specific document will export to the spreadsheet.
To determine if a teacher qualifies for T-TESS Waiver Status
- Select the specific T-TESS document to analyze.
- Apply the date filter for a specific timeframe.
- Generate the T-TESS document analysis report for the specific timeframe by clicking Print and choosing the Export Score Counts to Spreadsheet.
- Paste the following formula into the P2 cell of the spreadsheet and clicked Enter/Return on your keyboard to generate results:
- Note: The following formula applies if you have matrix questions containing 5 column headers/fields and the O Column Header is Improvement Needed.
- =IF(O2>0,"Improvement Needed",SUM(K2:M2))
- Highlight the P2 cell and grab the corner of the cell to drag it down the P column and generate the values for all other rows in the spreadsheet.
The results in the P column provide the following information:
- If the teacher received 1 or more Needs Improvement selections in the document, then the P cell is marked Needs Improvement for that teacher.
- The total of all Distinguished, Accomplished and Proficient selections in a document for a teacher will be totaled in the P cell at the end of each row.
- A district can use this number to determine if a teacher is Proficient overall or if the teacher can qualify for wavier status in T-TESS.
Evaluation Status Report
The Evaluation Status report has two options. You can view a campus summary which will display the evaluations created for each staff member organized by formal appraiser. Or you can view the evaluation status for one particular appraiser. Narrowing the report down to a particular appraiser will show additional information such as additional columns for when evaluations were made viewable and when they were viewed.
*Note: The Evaluation Status report is only for currently active documents. Archived documents will not display for this report.
To print a report
- Choose Summary by school or Detailed by appraiser.
- Check the box to Include Walkthrough Appraisers to include those users with this specific role in Strive.
- Check the box to Show Appraisers Without Appraisals.
- Set the Start and End dates of the report.
- Select all campuses or a specific campus in the drop-down list.
- Check the box to Export to Spreadsheet format.
- Click Submit Report.
Goals Approved in the Evaluation Status Report
The Goals Approved column in this report totals all approved professional goals and approved student growth goals. This total is currently tied to the creation date of the goal and not the completion date of the goal. Therefore, if the teacher created the goal before the August 28, 2017 school start date, it will not appear in the report for this school year. To pull goals created during the Spring of 2017 into the report, change the date range filter to include goals created during the Spring of 4/1/17 - 5/30/18.
Goal Summary Spreadsheet Export
This report provides the status of professional or student growth goals by school or appraisee.
- Select the type of goal you wish to analyze (Professional or Student Growth)
- Select the date range for the creation date of the goals. For T-TESS, you may want to set the creation date to include last year's summative conference times (late Spring).
- Select the campus from the list.
- Click Submit Report
The Unsigned Documents Report displays evaluation documents that have been made viewable by the appraiser but have not been electronically signed by one or both parties.
To print the Unsigned Documents Report
- Check the document types to include in the report under the Evaluation Type heading.
- In the Select Appraiser drop-down list, choose to include all appraisers or a specific appraiser.
- Click Submit Report.
The Blank Documents option will allow you to print any form or evaluation template that is currently in the system.
Print a blank document
- Choose the Evaluation Type from the drop-down list.
- Select the document.
- Click Submit Report.