With the help of our partner Region 10 ESC, a new item bank is now available to all Aware districts. The STAAR Released Test Item Bank includes individual test items from the Released STAAR tests from the past few years. These items can be used individually when building local assessments for your district.
Here are a few details to keep in mind:
- All STAAR released items are now in this bank. They have been separated and moved over from TEKSbank.
- Districts can search for and add individual items to tests by selecting and filtering the bank STAAR Released Tests Item Bank.
- Security for the bank defaults now for Admins or District tests only.
- This is a value-add feature for all Aware districts, regardless of TEKSbank purchase.
Item Bank Security
To set up security for the item bank
- Open the Item Bank Tab.
- Click on Approve Questions then Set Default Security.
- Select the STAAR Released Item Bank Tab.
- Select the desired access permissions for the bank.
The default Security is set for district level assessments only.
Complete list of STAAR Released Items
Another way to search for items is by using the Search Item Bank within an assessment. Use the keyword search "STAAR 2017" or "STAAR 2016" without the quotes. Also, a space must be put in the search between STAAR and the year. This will give you the entire list of items for that test.
Complete STAAR Released Test Answer Keys
If districts want to use the ENTIRE STAAR Released test, we recommend using the Copy a state-released test option in the Create a New Test wizard. This will create an answer key only. The test booklet should be downloaded from the TEA STAAR Released site.