Check out the webinar on this topic:
Building and Editing Appraisal Templates in Strive
Wednesday, November 8, 2017 - 2PM (CST)
Frameworks allow districts and schools to associate professional standards to goals, professional development courses, and evaluation documents. By tagging goals, appraisal documents, and professional development courses with these standards, appraisers will be able to analyze data down to the sub-standard component to provide proper coaching and support for employee growth.
For more information about creating and managing Frameworks, view this article.
Add Framework Dimensions to Templates
- Access Appraisal Settings and click on Evaluation Templates.
- Select a template matching your framework. In this example, a T-TESS Walkthrough document is used.
- On the Template Information tab, choose the Framework from the drop-down menu that matches the selected template and then click the Save button.
- Click the Edit Template tab to begin to tag individual questions by dimension.
Evaluation Templates are developed using a variety of items, groups and matrix groups for entering appraisal information. Each of these items can have dimensions and standards tagged for reporting.
Tags will be invisible to the users. These are only used to help with reporting.
Tagging Matrix Group Items
Matrix Groups are designed to store information in columns and row format. Ideally, these are used to rate staff on various descriptors for up to 5 levels of performance.
- In a template using Matrix Groups, click on the Matrix Group to open the container and select Rows.
- Double-Click on a row item to open it in the edit box.
- Select the dimension from the list and click the Update Row button.
- For each Matrix Group in a form, repeat these steps to tag rows by specific dimension.
- Click the Save button when complete followed by the Update Existing Documents button.
Tagging Group Items
- Click on a Group to open the container.
- Click on a specific item such as a checkbox.
- Select the Dimension from the list.
- Click the Update button.
- Repeat these steps for each item in the entire form.
- Click the Save button followed by the Update Existing Documents button.
Note: tagged dimensions are invisible to the appraisers and appraisees. Tagged items will be useful for reporting features by dimension selected.