Before staff can submit goals, goals documents or administrators can create evaluations, the Appraise staff list will need to be configured. This list determines which staff can and cannot function within Appraise.
Setting Up Your Staff List (Watch a video)
When in the Evaluations Tab (on the far left), click Appraiser Setup in the bottom left. Clicking there displays the My Staff tab, enabling you to select your staff members and indicate how they should be appraised. When clicking on a staff member's name, you will be able to choose the appraise instrument for that staff member. Appraise templates are created by an Appraise Administrator in your district prior to you using the application. The My Staff tab also indicates the appraiser's name and the instrument chosen for each staff member.
To select a staff member to evaluate:
- Select a staff member in the list by clicking their name.
- On the 'Change evaluation method' box, click next to I will evaluate this staff member using: and choose the instrument for that staff member.
- The staff member's name will now appear on the left in the 'My Staff' section.
In the case of two or more evaluators, the formal appraiser should be the one listed as the Appraiser. Other principals can evaluate this staff member, but will not be listed as the formal appraiser. It is also important to keep in mind that teachers WILL NOT be able to access SchoolObjects:appraise until they have been assigned a formal appraiser.
Appraiser Note: If you are set as a Vice Principal/Limited Appraiser, you will only be able to view and appraise those staff you have chosen to formally appraise. However, if you are also set as a Campus Walkthrough Appraiser, you will be able to do walkthroughs on all staff on your campus. Your access levels are controlled by the SchoolObjects Administrator.
Setting up Appraiser Status Emails
As an appraiser, you can choose to have emails sent to you weekly (Sunday evening) or monthly (first of the month). These emails will update you on the appraisal status of your campus and will include the information that you specify. Use the Status Email tab to configure this feature. The information included in the email can be changed from week to week or month to month as desired.
NOTE: If you do not see the "Status Email" tab, contact your Appraisal Administrator. This is an optional setting in Appraise.
To set up your status emails:
- Enter a check in the Send a status email to me each... checkbox to activate the emails and choose whether or not you prefer emails weekly or monthly
- Select what information you want included in the email by entering a check mark next to each item. Note: The information you want included in the email can be changed at any time
- Click the Update button