Each appraisee instrument/group used to appraise a staff member can have its own list of required documents and items. The required documents for a particular appraisee group are determined by an Appraise Administrator. The status of required documents for a particular staff member is found under their Appraisal Status. Also, there is an Appraisee Checklist option available that allows you to check off certain items completed by the staff member. Once all required documents and checklist items are completed, a green check will appear on Appraisal Status so that you can easily see that this staff member has met all appraisal requirements set forth by your district.
- Click on the staff member in the My Staff section
- Under Status & Integration, click Appraisal Status
- View the status of all required documents, check off any checklist items (if you are utilizing this option), and enter any comments
- Click Save
After a teacher creates a goal, they will submit them to the appraiser for approval.
Appraiser will receive a notification email that a goal for a teacher has been submitted, click on the link provided to be directed to the teacher’s goal.
- Goal tab - Includes details of the goal, including dimensions (or area of focus) related to the goal
- Messages tab - At any time you can send the teacher a message and visa versa. This was created to foster ongoing communication between the staff member and the appraiser.
- Evidence tab - As the teacher makes progress toward each goal throughout the year, documentation can be added to validate progress.
- Text files
- File upload
- Web link
- Workshop Portfolio integration - PD attended that supports goal
**NOTE: Principal/Appraiser can also add evidence to the teacher’s goal
- History tab - This tab will ONLY show if a teacher edits the original goal. When the teacher updates/edits the goal, approval is needed again. The history tab offers a snapshot view of the original goal, so the history of the goal can be tracked.
(This document is optional.)
- Once teachers have submitted their Goals Document, you will be able to view it and all documents by clicking on the teacher’s name in the far left column. As teachers update their document throughout the school year, they only need to click Save.
- There are sections within the Goals Documents that allow for appraisers to make comments for the teachers to view. This is a new feature added to Appraise. One tip is to add a date to the comment before clicking Save. Teachers will not receive notification that a comment has been made within these comments sections.
- There is another way for appraisers to add comments. This comments tool can be used to make comments to the teacher and view comments from the teacher. Every time a comment is saved, the recipient will receive and email. However, comments cannot be edited or deleted once saved.
NOTE: Teachers and appraisers will NOT electronically sign the Goals Document. eSignatures should not be enabled for Goals Documents by the district administrator. If eSignatures are enabled for Goals, this will lock the document and neither user will be able to make updates throughout the year.
Adding a Comment
Appraise has the ability for staff members to enter comments about particular evaluations or goals. These could be questions, comments, or rebuttals.
- Click on the evaluation or goals document
- Click the staff member/appraiser comment icon to add or view comments
- Click Add Comment to add a comment of your own
- Enter the comment in the bottom box and click the blue disk icon to save when finished
Note: If you add a comment, it will be permanently stored with the evaluation. You cannot delete any comments you add.