In order for the public to be able to reserve rooms or assets, they have to have an account created and the room or asset must have a Public Reservation workflow. The public user account can be created either by the guest or by a staff member. Once the reservation is approved, an invoice can be created by using a fee schedule, and the invoice can also be customized. The public reservation process is discussed in this section.
In order to manage public reservations, the staff member should have the Public Use Manager role.
Terms and Conditions
When a guest logs in for the first time, the guest must agree to the terms and conditions set up by the district. Creating the terms and conditions takes place on theManage Tab.
- Select General Options
- Either copy/paste or type the districts terms and conditions in the text box provided
- Click Save
Creating Fee Schedules
Multiple fee schedules can be created and different fee amounts can be assigned to each room or asset. Creating fee schedules takes place on the Manage tab.
- Select Fee Schedules and click Create Fee Schedule
- Enter the name of the fee schedule and click Save
Creating Guest Accounts
A guest account can be created in two ways:
- By the staff member from the Manage tab, or
- By the guest from the guest login page (the account will need to be approved)
Staff Member Creation
- Select Manage Guests and click Add a Guest
- Enter the guest information, including the Contact Information, and click Save
Once the guest has been added, they will be able to login with the email address and guest password to make a reservation. Click on General Options for the guest URL.
The guest will need to go to your district's guest login page to create their account and make a reservation. Once created, the account will need to be approved.
- Click the Manage Tab and then General Options to access your district's guest URL
- Copy/paste this URL to your district website OR email the URL to guests so guests can click on the URL to access the Guest Login page
- Click Create New Account
- Fill out the information requested and click Next
- Place a check mark next to I agree to the terms and conditions listed above
- Click Next
- Make reservation
**The approver will not be notified of the reservation request until the Public Use Manager approves the guest account.
Approving Guest Accounts
Approving guest accounts takes place on the Manage tab.
- Select Manage Guests and click Guest Needing Approval
- Choose the guest from the list
- View account information and click Approve or Deny
Managing Guest Accounts
Managing guest accounts takes place on the Manage tab.
- To view or edit guest accounts, select Manage Guests
- Either search for the guest OR click the magnifying glass to search for all guest accounts
- Guest accounts will be grouped by organization
- To view the invoices for a particular organization, click on the organization and select the Invoices tab
Once a guest has made the reservation and it has been approved, an invoice can be created. Invoice creation takes place on the Manage tab.
- Select Invoicing and click Add New Invoice
- Select the guest organization and fee schedule
- Click Next
- Select the reservations to be invoiced
- Choose Combine Items if the reservations should be merged into one invoice
- Click Next and Finish
Invoices will appear within one of the three status categories: Draft, Pending, or Received. When an invoice is initially created, it appears in Draft status.
- To associate a person with an invoice, select a person from the drop-down list under the Attention: heading
- To change the fee associated with the reservation, double click on the item and make the change
- To add any additional fees to the invoice, click Add new item
- Once the invoice is complete and ready to send to the guest, click Save
**Note: In order for the organizations address to be printed on the invoice, the contact information must be filled out for the organization. To fill out contact information, select Manage Guests and search for the organization. Click on the organization name and fill out contact information under the Contact InformationTab.
Sending Invoice to Guest
- To send an invoice to a guest, click Send (See the previous screenshot.)
- The invoice will move to Pending status
- The guest user will receive an email and will need to log into the site to view and print the invoice
**Note: The invoice can also be emailed as an attachment or printed and mailed to the guest by clicking the Print icon.
Marking Invoice as Received
- Once payment is received, mark the invoice as received by clicking Mark as Received on the top toolbar