Monitor Lists are typically created by teachers that need to be able to see students that are not in their current roster. For example, a teacher tutors students after school from another campus or from another class and needs to be able to see their profiles. By creating a monitor list and having the principal approve it, the teacher will be able to view all information on the students; profiles.
Monitor Groups are created by campus or district level administrators. When a monitor group of target students is created, the teachers who have students in the group will be able to automatically view the target group.
Creating a Monitor List
- Select Manage My Monitor Lists in the lower left corner of the Students tab
- Next select Create a Monitor Lists in the lower left corner of the Students tab
- Follow the creation wizard to create a list
- On the third step, enter a name for the monitor list and click Next
- Search for a student by typing in the student's last or first name, or ID#
- Press Enter or click Search
- Select the student from the list and click Add. The student's name will appear in the box on the right
- Repeat the process until all students are added and click Next then Finish
**The monitor list will be pending approval until an administrator approves it.
Managing Monitor Lists
Monitor Lists can be created, edited, and deleted on the Students tab.
- From the Students tab, select Manage My Monitor Lists
- Select the lists and either edit or delete the list by using the buttons on the toolbar
Viewing a List or Group
Once a Monitor List is approved, the teacher can search for the student from the Students tab or view the student's profiles from the Analyze tab. To view a monitor group or list, select My Student Groups from the Analyze tab. Select the student to see the student's profile.