Update 10.24.2017: New version of the Aware Plain Paper Scanning Application. Please follow the steps found below to correctly install this new version of the Application.
Before answer documents can be scanned, the scanning application needs to be installed on the computer connected to the scanner.
1. Login as an local computer administrator
2. Uninstall the Plain Paper Scanner application
2. Upon downloading the new application BUT BEFORE INSTALLING the new application, you must uninstall the old application
3. Download the Plain Paper Scanner application http://downloads.schoolobjects.com/scannersetup.zip
3. Open control panel > Programs and features > Select Schoolobjects: Eduphoria Plain Paper Scanner > Uninstall > Follow the process
4. Select the file that you downloaded for the new software and select Install.
- Double-click on the SchoolObjects Scanner icon on the desktop
- Click Next (If the first time logging in, you will be prompted to enter your eduphoria URL)
** If the Update Found screen appears, download the latest version of the scanner before moving to the next step. Please follow the directions below to correctly install the new version of the Aware Plain Paper Scanner Application.
- Enter an email or username and password
- Click Next
- Place the test forms on the scanner
- Click Next
- Make sure the correct scanner is selected and click OK.
Clicking OK will begin the scanning process. A status bar will complete for each document.
The scanning status will display the number of documents scanned, incorrectly scanned, possible errors found, and total documents scanned.
To view or fix possible errors, click the Response Editor button
- Click Next to upload results
On the Response Editor screen, a scanned image of the answer documents will be visible. They can be examined and answer responses fixed prior to uploading the results into Aware.
A list of scanned documents will appear on the left. All correct, Correctly scanned with warnings, Unreadable or blank will appear in this list.
Documents with correctly scanned with warnings have been recognized correctly as potential answer documents, but they have mistakes. There could be double-bubbled responses or questions with no response at all. But the student and test has been properly recognized.
Unreadable or blank documents have not been recognized as potential answer sheets by the scanner application. These documents are either damaged physically or have marks on the bottom code bars that prevent proper recognition.
To see only the answer documents with errors, select the option Only show documents with errors, located in the lower left corner of the window. Select the optionFit to screen to see the full answer document.
If an answer choice is color coded red, the student did not select an answer, or the answer choice was not bubbled dark enough. Upon viewing the answer document, an answer can be chosen for the student by selecting the answer from the drop-down menu for that question. If the answer choice is color coded yellow, the student bubbled in two answers. The system however will automatically select the largest and darkest bubble. This answer choice can also be changed prior to uploading. If an open-ended response is included on the test, the teacher can fill in the answer online after scanning. Those should NOT be scored in this process.
To delete an answer document, click the Delete button. This will clear a document from this scan. However it will need to be corrected and re-scanned in order to be included in the final data set.
- Once all errors are fixed, click the Close button to return to the scanning wizard
- Click Next to upload answer documents
- Click Finish to close the program or Back to scan more documents
**Note: Clicking on the Options button will list other options available when viewing the answer documents. A single answer document image or all the answer document images can be saved to a specific location. Documents are now stored in memory instead of on the computer's hard drive. This allows you to send samples to Eduphoria support if needed.
**Note: If receive a pop-up error "Your scanner is not supported" complete the steps below to remove the message for your district district:
- Log in as the Systems Administrator.
- Go to Aware.
- Click the Analyze tab and select Configuration Options.
- Choose Testing tab.
- Select Update Scanner Profiles.