Monitor Groups are created by campus or district level administrators. Groups have two functions. When a monitor group of target students is created, the teachers who have students in the group will be able to automatically view the target group. The second function of groups gives staff members the ability to summarize on the target group and track student progress on assessments.
Creating a Monitor Group
There are two ways to create a monitor group.
1. Create a new data view or select a test from Quick Views.
2. Switch to Individual Student Level to view a list of students.
3. Edit the view to reflect the students that need to be in the monitor group.
4. Select the Add to Group button.
5. Follow the instructions in the wizard to create the group.
6. On the fourth step, the students will need to be added to the group:
- Choose individual students by selecting the student's name and clicking the Add button
- Choose multiple students by holding down the shift or control keys and selecting the Add button
Once created, teachers can only see a monitor group if they teach students in that group. And, they can only see the students they teach, not all students in the group.
To view the monitor group from the Analyze tab, click My Student Groups and select the monitor group. The students will be displayed in a list and can be selected to view their profiles.
A monitor group can be created manually through the Students tab or Manage tab.
1. On the Students tab, select Manage Monitor Groups in the lower left corner of the screen.
2. Select New Monitor Group.
3. Enter a name for the monitor group.
4. Select Save.
5. On the Students tab of the monitor group, enter students' names or ID numbers to search.
6. Click Add to add the students to the monitor group.
7. Click Save
Teachers can only see a monitor group if they teach students in that group. They can only see the students they teach, not all students in the group.
To mass assign a group of students to a monitor group, simply upload a .txt file with only student local ID numbers. Note: Max file size of 4 MB per file.
To view the monitor group from the Analyze tab, select My Student Groups and select the monitor group. The students will be displayed in a list and can be selected to view their profiles.
District Data Viewers are able to create, edit, and delete monitor groups for the district. Campus Administrators are able to create, edit, and delete monitor groups for their campuses.
1. On the Students tab, select Manage Monitor Groups in the lower-left corner.
2. Select the campus.
3. Select the group and add/delete students, delete the group, etc.
Article is closed for comments.