Once rooms are created, assets can be added. Assets can be added individually and copied, or they can be imported. To import assets, refer to the Import Assets section. The following section covers how to add, move, copy, edit, search, and print assets.
Adding an Asset
- Select the room where the new asset will be added
- Click Add New Asset in the lower-left corner
- Choose the type of asset and click Next
- There are 3 types of assets that can be created:
- Regular assets that require a barcode. Examples: computer, projector, printer, etc.
- Simple assets that do not have a barcode. Examples: chairs, desks, filing cabinets, etc.
- Grouped groups of regular assets. Examples: laptop cows, media carts, presentation carts, etc.
- There are 3 types of assets that can be created:
- Choose the Asset Category and Class that the asset belongs
- Enter the asset title, barcode, and description (Barcode and description are optional.)
- Click Next and Finish
Once the asset is created, it will appear in the Inventory grid and you can begin entering the information about the asset.
To edit the asset details, click on the asset from the Inventory grid. Below is an explanation of each tab:
The General Tab contains basic information about the asset such as title, manufacturer, model, barcode, serial number, description, and photograph.
The Finance Tab contains financial information about the asset such as budget code, purchase order number, purchase cost, replacement cost, purchase date, and replacement date.
The Additional Properties Tab stores any custom property information about the asset.
The Reservations & Assignments Tab allows you to select a staff member to be accountable for the asset and choose how the asset will be reserved or assigned. Refer to the Reservations & Assignments section for more information about reserving and assigning assets.
The Tickets Tab is only visible if your district has the Helpdesk application and it is linked to F&E. If you are a technician in Helpdesk, you will be able to view tickets on the assets and edit details or close the ticket.
The Journal Tab allows you to enter any notes or upload attachments related to the asset. If the asset is reservable, the staff will be able to view the Journal tab and review the asset's history during the reservation process.
Moving or Copying an Asset
The option to move an asset is located on the Asset Details window. Select the asset, choose Move to Room, select the school and room from the drop-down lists, and click Move. The asset will be moved to the new location.
To copy an asset, click the Copy button and enter the number of copies. A duplicate of the asset, along with the details, will be copied and will appear in the Inventory grid. (Note: The barcode and serial numbers will not copy.)
Inventory Grid (Editing, Searching, Printing)
After selecting a room, a list of inventory items will appear in the Inventory grid on the right.
Scrolling: To scroll through the items, click on the scrollbar on the right. As you scroll, a pop-up will appear to show which asset will be displayed when you stop scrolling.
Editing from the grid: You can easily edit the title and barcode by double clicking on the asset, changing the information, and clicking the Save button or simply by clicking off the asset.
Searching: You can easily search for items in a room, campus, or district by entering the search criteria in the search box above the grid. First, select the room, campus, or district in the tree on the left. Then, click in the search box, enter the search information and hit enter or click the magnifying glass. In the example below, I am searching for all laptops in the integration lab. (Note: You could easily search by barcode to find a particular asset within the district.)
Printing: To print a list of assets in a room, select the room from the tree on the left. Then, click the Print or the Export to Excel buttons above the grid.
Mass Editing/Moving Assets
The Advanced Grid allows you to do the following:
- Build reports
- Mass edit assets for the district, campus, zone, or room
- Move assets from one location to another
- Select the district, campus, zone, or room from the tree on the left
- Click the Advanced button, located above the Inventory grid
- Click the Edit View button, located above the Inventory grid
- Select Assets under Type in the lower-left corner in order to edit assets instead of rooms (If you selected a room, you will not see this option)
- Drag the columns from the left to the right that you would like to see. If you want to narrow down a search, apply a filter by clicking the Add Filter button and entering the search criteria. In the following example, I would like to search for laptops and mass enter the manufacturer or model
- Click Update to search for the items meeting the search criteria
All laptops will appear. This list can be printed to Excel by clicking Export to Excel or PDF by clicking the Print button. To mass edit the manufacturer or model:
- Select the laptops by placing a check in the top box
- Click Mass Edit
- Since manufacturer and model are default properties, select General and the default property
- Enter the correct information and click Update
- Repeat this process to mass edit any other information
- To return to the Advanced editing screen, click the Edit View button. To return to the basic Inventory grid, click the Basic button.