Custom Groups are groups controlled by the System Administrator who creates the group and then adds members to it. System Groups are controlled by all users when they select items in their profile.
Custom groups can be created and used across multiple applications including Workshop, Formspace, and Facilities & Events. These custom groups are less fluid than the system groups tied to user profiles since users cannot add themselves to and remove themselves from these groups by checking and unchecking a box in their user profiles. Instead, a system administrator controls the addition of users to and removal of users from a custom group.
To create a custom group in System Management
- From the Organization tab, click on Manage User Groups.
- Select Custom Groups.
- Choose Create a New Group.
- Name the custom group.
- Type the first or last name of the staff member and click the magnifying glass to search
- Highlight the staff member's name and click Select Staff
- Repeat the process to add each staff member to the group
- Click Save
You can always use Manage User Groups to access Schools, System Groups, and Custom Groups to edit members of the group or print lists of members for each group.
Print a School Group
- Click on the Organization tab
- Click Manage User Groups
- Select a campus
- Click the Print button
Article is closed for comments.