Custom groups can be created and used across multiple applications including Workshop, Formspace and Facilities & Events. These custom groups are less fluid than the system groups tied to user profiles since users cannot add themselves to and remove themselves from these groups by checking and unchecking a box in their user profiles. Instead, a system administrator controls the addition of users to and removal of users from a custom group.
To create a custom group in System Management
- From the Organization tab, click on Manage User Groups.
- Select Custom Groups.
- Choose Create a New Group.
- Name the custom group.
- Type the first or last name of the staff member and click the magnifying glass to search
- Highlight the staff member's name and click Select Staff
- Repeat the process to add each staff member to the group
- Click Save