Prior to making reservations, there are a few things that should be determined, such as reservation properties, reservation workflows, and forms for reservations. All of this takes place on the Manage Tab.
Limiting Reservations to User's Schools
By default, staff members can make a reservation at any school throughout the district, but reservations can be limited to just their school. Users with the Checkout on All Campuses right will still have access to all schools and will be able to reserve rooms and assets across the district. To limit reservations to the just a user's school:
- Click the Manage tab
- Select General Options
- Place a checkmark in the box next to Limit reservations to user's schools
- Click Save
Opening up reservations to out-of-district guests is an option that can be selected in General Options. Guest accounts will have to be approved by the Facilities & Events System Administrator before the reservation process begins for that user.
You can also type or copy and paste from a document the Terms and Conditions that would appear during the Guest Registration process in this section. Click Save after entering these terms.
Reservation properties are the bits of information a requester will view and filter when completing a reservation request.
In the Manage tab:
- Click Room Types
- Select a Room Type
- Under Custom Properties, check items the Inventory manager would want to track in reporting features
- Under the Reservation Properties, drag and drop from the left to the right information you want the requester to filter and view when they make a reservation
- Click Save
- Repeat this process for Asset Classes
If there is only one approver for a room or asset reservation, a workflow will not need to be set up. A workflow is created for reservations that require more than one approver, or reservations that need a notification step, in addition to the approval step.
To create a workflow:
- Select Reservation Workflows
- Click Add New Workflow
- Title the workflow and click Save
To add a workflow step, select the desired workflow to edit, click Add Workflow Step and choose either an Approval or Notification step from the drop-down list. (Workflow steps do not need to follow any specific order.)
- Approval step - All actions in the workflow stops with this step. The designated person must approve the reservation in order for the next step to occur. If the request is denied, the workflow does not continue to the next person. Only approved requests carry over to the next person.
- Notification step - The notification step sends an email to the staff member(s) and continues to the next step.
- Use the blue arrows to reorder workflow steps by moving them up or down to the desired step.
When selecting staff to the workflow, the setup allows for three options:
- Staff Member - search by name for specific staff members
- Group - groups are pulled from custom groups designed in Eduphoria System Management application. Open System Management, Organization tab, Users and Guests section, Manage User Groups. This article may help you understand Groups.
- If selecting a Group, there are more options for how the group settings can work:
- Limit to Campus - This option will only allow staff reservations to choose from assets limited to their assigned campus
- Require All - This option requires every member of the entire group to approve the reservation
- Asset Manager - this option will require the asset manager assigned to the asset to approve the reservation
- Click Save and then Process
Now this Workflow can be selected when creating the reservation process for a particular room or asset.
Reservation Form Templates
Each time a requester is making a reservation, the default form will always request a Title (required) and Reason (optional) for the request.
Additional information can be added to reservation forms using the Reservation Form Templates. These templates are then assigned to specific assets to allow different types of information to be gathered pertaining to specific reservation items.
For example, if your reservation is for using a stage, a form can be built asking for microphones, lighting, and stage setup. If your reservation is for a computer lab, a form can be built asking about printer needs, logins, and default web browsers. For a multipurpose room, a form can ask the requestor about table setup, use of food/drink in the room, and janitorial services.
The Workflow process then can send the form contents to all the staff in the workflow approval and notification settings to know what is needed for the specific event.
To create a form template:
- In the Manage tab under Reservation Management, select Reservation Form Templates
- Click Create Form Template
- Enter a Title for the form and click Save
- To add questions, click the Add Question button and select a question type from the list:
- Instructional block - lets you add information in blocks for requestors to view (i.e., This lab does not permit food or drink)
- Multiple Choice - add multiple choices where the user can only select one response for the question
- Multiple Selection - provides check boxes for users to select multiple responses for the question
- True/False - Can be turned into a Yes/No question
- Text - Allows the requester to respond by typing a response into a number of rows determined in question setup
- Matrix - Creates columns and rows for responses in radio or checkbox format
- Calendar - drops a calendar into the form for requestors to select a date
- Click on text in form field Click to edit question
- Each type of question type selected will have its own question controls. Select the options for your questions
- Click Save in each question property box as you change question controls
- Use the blue Up and Down arrows to move question order
- Use the Delete Question button to remove questions
- Once your form is complete, click Save on the top menu bar
Saved templates are available in the Reservations & Assignments tab for each room or asset in the Inventory tab. This will allow you to attach the reservation form to the Reservation Workflow for these assets.