When Helpdesk and F&E are linked, tickets can be tracked by asset tag (barcode) or serial number for each asset in the district. This process helps inventory managers become aware
of maintenance costs or the amount of maintenance a particular asset requires.
To view or close tickets through F&E, the staff member must be a technician in Helpdesk and be able to view Inventory in F&E.
Linking Helpdesk and F&E
- Click the Manage Tab in Helpdesk and select Create Custom Properties
- Click Add Custom Property in the lower-left corner
- Title the property either Barcode, Asset Tag, or Serial Number
- Click on the drop-down under Matching F&E Property, and select Barcode or Serial Number; this is how the ticket is tied to the asset in F&E
- Click Save
- Select Configure Request Types and for each request type, make the barcode required for the requestor
- Click Save
- Repeat this process for each request type
- Select Edit Departments and select the department
- Select the Workflow Tab
- Place a check mark next to List rooms and assets from F&E when submitting a request so that the requestor can choose from a list of barcodes instead of having to type a barcode into the request template
Viewing Tickets in F&E
To view or close tickets through F&E, the staff member must be a technician in Helpdesk and be able to view Inventory in F&E. To view a ticket, click theInventory Tab.
- Select the room and click on the asset
- Click the Tickets tab
- Double click on the ticket to view or edit the ticket details