Request Types are the items the end-user selects when submitting a ticket. Each Request Type can be configured separately by clicking on it and accessing the different settings tabs.
Add New Request Type
- Click Configure Request Types
- Click Add New Request Type
- Enter a name for the request type and select the department where this request type will reside
- Click Next and Finish
- The item is added. Click on it to access the options to modify for this request type.
Configure Request Type Settings
- Title: Category name for the request type
- Icon: Select the image to choose from our library to match request type
- Initial Prompt: This is what the user sees when viewing a request type name.
- Description: This information is available on the request type screen for users to read to determine categories.
Best Practice Tips:
- Keep Titles and Initial Prompts the same
- Keep Descriptions brief and short
- Option to require requestors to select a campus for this request type
- Option to require requestors to enter a room number for this request type
- Additional fields of information can be selected for requestor and/or technician to enter the information for the request type. These fields are created in the Create Custom Properties section in the Manage tab
- Create sub categories for request types with their own different custom properties
- Add a sub-type then click on it to configure properties
- Click the blue dot next to the Title field in a sub-type to change the icon
- Example: Internet Filter could be a Request Type and the sub types could be "Block a Site" and "Open a Site"
- Can define who has access to this request type.
- Can turn off a request type
- Can determine a request type that requires prior campus-level approval
- Combines with user who has principal access level in System Management
- Creates an auto-reply email to the requestor when a request is submitted
- Write scripted closing text for specific request types.
- Values added from properties on the request such as [@@Asset Tag] in order to pre-populate fields.
The order of request types can be altered using the blue arrows on the toolbar to move request types up and down the list. Use Save Changes after changing any settings for a request type.
Article is closed for comments.