Custom Properties create fields within request types to track additional information.
Add Custom Property
- Click Create Custom Properties
- Click Add Custom Property
- Complete fields for settings
- Property Name: Field name
- Description: Description of field
- Data Type: Type of data to be captured in the field
- Matching F&E Property: Match a custom property to a data field in Facilities&Events.
- Click Save
- Choose a data type that is not limiting. Text works for numeric values. Only use number or decimal if you want to FORCE the requestor to enter a numeric value.
- Choose a data field from Facilities&Events to match tickets to items stored in F&E inventory.
Remember to click Save after changing any information about a custom property.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Deleting any custom property will remove any information connected to it. Be VERY CAREFUL when deleting custom properties!
Article is closed for comments.