Administration Tab - The Administration Tab is used to determine how the test will be administered and how the data can be collected.
The start and end dates determine when the teachers can print answer documents. The dates do not affect the actual scanning.
Plain Paper Bubble Sheets
The benchmark administrator can control who can print the answer documents:
- Allow teachers to print answer sheets will allow the teachers to print answer documents from the Analyze Tab in Aware
- Only administrators can print answer sheets will only allow administrator to print answer documents.
Note: Testing administrators are able to print answer documents for teachers even if allow teachers to print answer sheets is selected. The only exception applies when the selected teachers for printing option is chosen on the Students Tab. This mandates that the teacher will be the one to print.
Print Answer Documents
To print the answer documents as a testing administrator, click the Print Answer Sheets button. Note: While the test is in the Pending state, this button will be Print a Sample. The wizard on the right will display the campuses, teachers, courses, and sections that will print. Deselect any of these to narrow down which answer documents are to be printed. By default answer documents will be sorted alphabetically by teacher and course and section. To print all students alphabetically, select the option Print students alphabetically.
Teacher Submission - Teacher Submission controls how teachers can submit answers for their students on assessments.
There are three options that the test administrator can choose from when administering a test:
- Teachers may answer only teacher-graded questions - once an answer document is scanned, this option will allow the teacher to enter the answers for the constructed response questions ONLY for each student. All the objective answers will be grayed out for the teacher. If the student wrote a short answer response on the answer document, the teacher will be able to view a digital image of the student's answer on the test entry screen as they score the document. If a scoring guide has been included on the test, the teacher can also view the scoring guide while scoring the test.
- Teachers may answer teacher-graded questions and blank student answer questions - once answer documents are scanned, this option will not only allow teachers to enter the answers for the constructed response questions, but also any answers the student left blank when the answer document was scanned.
- Teachers may answer all questions - this option will allow teachers to answer all questions at any time, prior to, or after scanning.
Scantron Answer Sheets - This option allows for Scantron preprinted form testing. Click the Export Slug File button and the wizard on the right will display the campuses, teachers, and sections that will print. Deselect any of these to narrow down which Scantron answer sheets will be printed. By default the file will be sorted alphabetically by teacher and course and section. To print students alphabetically, select the option Print students alphabetically.
- No more than 60 multiple choice questions on a test
- Multiple selection answers are not supported
- Selected response questions have a limit of 5 answer choices, fewer is OK
- Numerical responses (griddables):
- No more than 12 numerical responses
- Must be at the end of the test
- Total length of the response cannot be greater than 9 characters, including all numbers, the decimal, and the minus symbol if required
- On the Students Tab, the option selected teachers for printing cannot be selected
**Note: If any of these conditions are not met, the scantron checkbox and slug button will be disabled.
Online - Select this option if students will take a test online. Students will enter the district's eduphoria address and add /aware/OnlineTesting to the address (see the Online Testing Path in the screenshot below). They will log in with their student ID number and password.
There are three ways a student password can be set:
- The General Tab in the student's profile
- They can be imported via a csv file from the Roster Tab in SchoolObjects:management
- By the eduphoria System Administrator in System Management under Manage Schools and clicking Set Default Password; This will give all students for that school the same password.
To enable online testing, select Allow online testing
- Select one of the following options:
- Allow teachers to enable online testing for their classes - the teacher will need to Start online testing once the students are ready to begin taking a test. The teacher will also need to Stop online testing once students are finished testing.
- Only administrators can enable online testing - the test administrator will need to Start online testing once the students are ready to begin taking a test. The administrator will also need to Stop online testing once students are finished testing.
Before Implementing Online Testing
Eduphoria strongly recommends that districts preview district tests on the Administration tab during assessment creation before administering an online test.
- Confirm that all images, resources and multi-media files are functioning properly.
- Make sure you test on the same type of computer (Mac, PC, Chromebook, etc.) with the same operating system (iOS, Windows 10, etc.) using the same browser version [Chrome 52.0.2743.82 (64-bit), IE 10, etc.] that your students will use during online testing.
- Eduphoria officially supports online testing using desktops, laptops and Chromebooks.
- The preferred browser for online testing is Chrome.