Archiving Assessments in Aware
Archiving district, campus and team assessments at the end of the school year is necessary to prevent affecting future data.
- If a team of teachers does not archive a Team Test, this will create the same issues as when districts do not archive campus or district level assessments.
- Since Team Tests behave like campus level assessments, the data from these Team Tests will live on for administrators and future teachers to see.
- Because of this, Team Tests need to be archived.
- If a teacher does not archive a Teacher Test, this has no noticeable impact on data.
- When students move to the next grade level, Teacher Tests with data go away.
- An exception to this might be if the teacher teaches the same student two years in a row for a reason like grade level retention.
Archiving Tests Individually
One option involves archiving individual assessments separately. Open your individual district assessments, click the Archived button, and then OK to confirm the action.
Archiving is different from deleting, as the scores/data will still be associated with the students. DO NOT DELETE tests that have data associated with them.
Archiving Tests En Masse
The second option allows you to mass archive assessments based on test type, subject area, grade level, etc. Please visit our section on Mass Editing Assessments for more information.
Next year, if you want to use the same test, create a new test and select "Copy an existing test." This selection will prompt you to drill down the list of all archived tests to quickly create a test for the current school year.
Archiving Student Forms in Aware
Student Forms in Aware can be archived on the Advanced tab in the Manage Forms section of Aware. Consideration should be taken when deciding if a Student Form should be archived. Unlike Assessments in Aware, Archiving Student Forms is not Mandatory. Archiving forms will deactivate any active form with today's date. This option is safe and will not lose any data, but archived forms cannot be unarchived or made active again. Depending on the form content, it may not be necessary to archive student forms every year. Please see the help section for more information on Archiving Student Forms before following Archive procedures. Archiving Student Forms
Deleting Monitor Groups and Lists
To keep monitor groups and lists clean, it's always a good idea to delete them as needed. When a set of students has moved on or changed, the list can be modified or deleted.
Students tab > Manage My Monitor Lists > Select a monitor list > Click Delete (if desired)
For Principals and Campus Administrators:
Students tab > Approve Monitor Lists > Select a monitor list > Click Delete (if desired)
Note: The lists with the Green Check have already been approved. The other lists are still pending approval or denial.