User accounts need to be created for all of the users/employees in your district who will be using ANY PART of Eduphoria. There are two ways user accounts can be created. You can either create individual accounts using a wizard or import a large number of users using a data file.
Creating New Accounts Using the Wizard
- Manually adding user accounts is best when there are a few new users to add.
- Select Manage Users in the left pane. In the bottom left, click Create a New User to launch a wizard that will walk you through the process.
Creating New Accounts by Importing Users
- Accounts can be created from a .csv file. This is best for adding a large group of users at one time.
- Select Manage Users in the left pane. In the bottom left, click Import Users to launch a wizard that will walk you through the process.
As the wizard will tell you, you will need six fields of information to create user accounts.
- First Name
- Last Name
- Username (email address repeated)
- Email Address
- School Name (MUST match the school name as it appears in Manage Schools)
- Employee ID
Important Facts about User Imports:
- Before walking through the wizard, first prepare your data file.
- All users will log in using an email address, so the username field will be their email address. This means that the email address will be listed twice in your import file.
- School Name must match exactly the campus and department names you created in Manage Schools.
- If you do not want to import ID, simply put a space in this field for the entire column.
- The columns of information should be in exact order above.
- There should be no headers in the file.
You will then be prompted to browse for and upload the data file. You can leave Skip Existing Users checked as this is the first import. However, it is recommended this be checked when doing additional, future imports to prevent data loss.
Continue through the wizard. When asked for a password, select a default password for all users to use during the initial login. This will be used for all new accounts, and the user will be prompted to change this password during the initial login.
You can also fix capitalization and send a welcome email if you desire. It is recommended that you choose to fix names if the user data is in all caps. Clicking Next will complete the wizard and create all new user accounts.
If you get an error importing your user file, you need to check two things. First, check for duplicate usernames in the file. The system will generated an error if the same username or email address appears on multiple lines. Second, check for line termination. If you use Excel to create or edit your file, make sure you choose the .csv option when you save the file.
To search for a user and view the user's profile, click on Manage Users and search for a name in the search box.
Best Practice: Type a few letters of the user's first or last name, click the magnifying glass and then choose from the list.
A system administrator can update user information on the General tab. Passwords cannot be viewed, but the system administrator can update the account with a new one.
For districts using Aware, SIS User is the connection between the teacher and the students in your SIS. This field links the teacher's Eduphoria! user account to the teacher's user account in your SIS.
Staff Profile Tab
Users can update the information stored on the General and Staff Profile tabs themselves. The information storied in the Staff Profile tab is used in a variety of applications but should not be used for any approval workflows for security reasons.
See Reset Profile Check later in this section.
Member Of Tab
This tab allows the system administrator to assign users to Custom Groups. Learn more about this topic in the Groups section of online Help.
Roles and Rights Tabs
These two tabs are discussed on a separate section of the online Help.
Manage User Profiles
Districts can set additional information to request from users. Simply select an option if wanted. This is not required.
Reset Profile Check
When logging in for the first time, each user will go through a series of steps to update his individual profile. Users can ALWAYS update and change their profiles by clicking on Change My Profile from the drop-down list in the upper right corner. However, a best practice would be to use this Reset Profile Check button once or twice a year. Clicking this button will force all users to update their individual profiles the next time they log into Eduphoria!.
Print Role Report
Roles are assigned to users to give an expanded access level in Eduphoria!. Specific roles and the rights associated with them are discussed in a separate section of online Help. To view a report on each application and who has been granted Roles, use the Print Role Report option.
Note: This report only includes ROLES. It does not show Rights assigned or removed from a user's account.
In the past, we have recommended that user accounts not be deleted for various reasons. Instead, the suggestion was to move those user accounts to a campus with no licenses (Z_Left District for example.) Now, customers have the ability to UN-DELETE USERS, which gives more flexibility for managing accounts. If a user comes back or past documentation is needed, the user account can be easily restored.
As a best practice, it's best to FIRST remove the user from any workflows (i.e. Formspace, Facilities&Events, Aware, etc.) where this person is responsible for approving or denying actions in any of the applications BEFORE deleting the account. For some applications, a replacement function does not exist for the user's job.
Deleting user accounts will result in the following:
- System Management
- Profiles: Automatically removes from System Groups & Custom Groups
- Automatically removes all assigned roles and rights, including Helpdesk and Facilities&Events (which are assigned within the application)
- Automatically unlinks teacher Aware SIS account
- Does not remove the user from Teams. Users need to be manually removed from Teams before or after deletion.
- Removes user’s planner from shared planners
- Does not remove user from any team planners, nor does it delete the team planner
- Removes user from appraiser’s list and automatically un-selects formal appraiser from user
- Data is still present in reports.
- Must un-delete user to see and print documents
- Appraiser/appraisee comments are not archived or saved.
- Managers cannot view portfolio.
- If user is actively enrolled in a course, user stays enrolled.
- Data is still present in reports.
- Forms submitted from user before that user was deleted still show up to approvers in workflow.
- If approver has forms to Review (a step in a workflow), and approver is deleted, that form is stuck and cannot move on in the workflow.
- Best Practice - Use the Replace User Utility in General Options in Formspace before deleting user.
- User-created ticket stays in as an active ticket.
- If technician is deleted, ticket is viewable by manager to then reassign to another technician.
- User’s reservations are still active or in the queue for approval.
- User is STILL tied to assets and rooms and included in workflows.
- Best Practice - Remove all connections as an asset manager, roles, and steps in workflows before deleting user.
How to Delete Users:
- Select Manage Users.
- Search for User and Select. (At this time, system administrators cannot mass delete users.)
- Click Delete.
- Confirm by clicking OK.
Un-Deleting user accounts will result in the following:
Undeleting a former user is almost like creating a new user account with a few exceptions. Here are a few notes to keep in mind when un-deleting a user.
- System Management
- System administrator will need to manually create a password and assign school/department to user when un-deleting.
- System Profile will need to be reset by user.
- User will automatically be added back to Custom Groups.
- All Roles and Rights will need to be reassigned to user as needed.
- Teacher Tests will be visible again.
- Lesson Planner and previous lesson plans will be visible to teacher again.
- Appraisers will need to select users to be appraised.
- Portfolio can be seen by manager and principal again.
- User account acts like a new user. Old submitted/completed forms will still be visible.
- Roles within Helpdesk will need to be reassigned.
- Approved, Denied and Pending reservations are still tied to user.
- Asset Manager and Workflow Approver assignments are restored if user connections were not removed before deletion.
How to Un-Delete Users:
- Select Un-Delete Users.
- To find user, scroll and click the blue caret to advance pages. (Search is not currently available.)
- Select the user account to restore.
- Enter a New Password, Confirm by entering password again.
- Select a school/department.
- Click Restore Account.
- Assign Roles as needed.