Click HERE to view a video on Conducting a Summative Evaluation.
To complete a summative evaluation you must first create a New Evaluation.
To create a summative evaluation:
- Select a teacher in the My Staff list.
- Click the New Evaluation button in the Teacher Options list.
- The New Evaluation wizard will appear, requesting the following:
- The type of evaluation
- The date of the summative
- Whether to copy an observation, average observations, or start with a blank summative
Remember that averaging more than one observation will always average UP in favor of the teacher and it averages each criteria separately rather than Domain total.
To complete a summative evaluation:
- Select an evaluation in the Teacher Documents list
- Select a rating for each objective in the list, which automatically updates the teacher's domain score
- Navigate through each PDAS domain by using the 1 - 8 navigation buttons. Your selections will auto-save as you move between domains
- Add remarks for Comments, Strengths, and Areas to Address for each domain or use predetermined district comments
- Click Save after completing the evaluation
Let Teacher View - Click to enable the teacher to view the evaluation in their PDAS interface. An email will be sent to the teacher indicating that a new evaluation is available to view. The time and date that you made the evaluation available will also be stored, and the form will inform you when the teacher views the evaluation.
|Change Date and Time - Click to change the date, time, class information, or assignment area for the evaluation.|
|View Help - Click to view the scoring guide for each domain question.|
|Spell Check - Click to have the spelling checked for the text sections of the current domain.|
|Evaluation Comments - Click to script comments or view comments scripted during the evaluation from the handheld or tablet.|
|Staff Member/Appraiser Comments - Click to add a comment for the staff member. The staff member will be able to add a comment as well. Note: The comment(s) will be permanently attached to the summative. The only way to delete a comment is to delete the summative completely.|
|Electronic Signatures - Click to sign the evaluation. You must click to Let Teacher View the evaluation before you will be able to see this icon.|
|Summary of Walkthroughs - Click to view a summary of all walkthroughs completed during the school year. Use the drop-down feature to switch between various walkthrough templates.|