In order to edit a template, you will first have to create a new one.
Creating a New Template
- Click Walkthrough Templates from the Manage tab
- Click on New Template under Walkthrough Options
- When the wizard appears, choose a title for the new template, and then click next
- Next, choose whether or not to copy an existing template into your new one. If you decide to copy from an existing one, select it in the list. Otherwise click next without selecting one
- Click finish to create the new template
The template will appear in the Walkthrough Templates list, but now it needs to be edited. From the Template Information tab, you can change the template icon and the name of the template. Fill out the template by adding groups.
Creating and Editing New Groups
- Click the Edit Template tab
- Choose New from the drop-down list and choose New Group or New Matrix Group
- Type in a name for the new group under Group Name and click Update
- Continue adding as many groups as you need
- Use the Up or Down arrows to change the group order
- Click on the group name again to rename the group
- Click the red X to delete a group
With group(s) created, you will need to add items to those groups.
Creating and Editing Items within Groups
- Click on the group you wish to add items to
- Choose New from the drop-down list and choose New Item
- Type in the name of the new item under Item Name and choose the type of item from the drop down box
- Types of items:
- Check Box - allows administrator to make selections by clicking the box
- Check Box with Text - allows administrator to type text next to the Check Box. A common example would be when you have an 'Other:' option and administrator needs to enter text.
- Comment Box - allows administrator to enter text
- Instructions - general instructions (administrator does not fill in anything)
- Types of items:
- Click Update to add the item to that group
- Continue adding as many items as needed
- Use the Up or Down arrows to change the item order
- Click on the item name again to rename the item
- Click the red X to delete an item
Once you have added all of the necessary groups and items for those groups, you can use the Preview tab to see what your new template will look like. The template will automatically save as you edit it, so there is no need to publish or save. Use the Delete Template button at the top, should you need to delete this walkthrough template.
If you edit a template, you can click Update Existing Walkthroughs to update any walkthrough templates already completed. Use caution when updating a template.