Group evaluations can be created in the Manage Tab by Appraisal Administrators. The templates are created using the same editor as Walkthrough templates. These evaluations are then assigned to specific staff or appraisers. Group evaluations can be used to evaluate administrators based on who they appraise (Reciprocal/360) and to evaluate programs or specific staff. These evaluations are completely anonymous; the software only calculates totals and percentages of the evaluations submitted. Only the total number of people that completed the evaluation will be tracked – not individuals.
Create New Group Evaluation
- Manage Tab > Group Evaluation Templates
- New Group Template > Complete Wizard
- The same options are available here as when creating and editing a Walkthrough template. (See Building a PDAS Walkthrough Template to see instructions on how to create the evaluation.)
Assign Group Evaluations
- Manage Tab > Assign Group Evaluations
- New Group Evaluation > Select type of evaluation
Note: Both group evaluation types provide the options of naming the group evaluation, choosing an evaluation template, and setting the beginning and ending dates for the evaluation time period. The differences between the two include:
- Mass Evaluation of Appraisers - All appraisers will be listed and can be checked off as to who needs to be evaluated. Appraisees will be able to evaluation their formal appraiser.
- Selected Staff Member - This will give the option of choosing a staff member to be evaluated by searching for and selecting their SchoolObjects account.
- Complete Wizard
General Information Tab
- Select the Group Evaluation you want to edit
- Edit the title, description, and start/end dates. Use the check box to send a daily reminder email to staff members who have not completed the evaluation
The orange banner displays the total number of staff members who could complete the evaluation and the number of staff members who have completed the evaluation. You can choose who participates in the group evaluation based on everyone who is appraised by the target evaluator or you can select staff based on their profile criteria.
Force Complete – Click to automatically end the time period for completing group evaluations. Staff members who haven’t completed the form will not be able to complete it.
Refresh Participants – Click to refresh the participant list according to the selected criteria.
Email - Send an email notice that a group evaluation is available to possible participants.
Results of Group Evaluations
The results of group evaluations are only available for the administrator. Go to My Evaluations tab > My Evaluations > Current Files
Results of group evaluations can be viewed by the administrator being evaluated once the evaluation end date has occurred or an Appraisal Administrator has chosen to Force Complete.