The Upload Test Files option in the Analyze tab allows Aware administrators to upload state and/or national test data. Using the .DAT files from state CDs and other sources, districts can upload external test data.
To view an up-to-date list of supported file formats in Aware,
- Click the Analyze tab.
- Select the Upload Test Files link.
- Click the Here link shown below to view current information.
To use the Upload Test Files interface,
- Click the Choose File button to search for a file to upload.
- Once selected, click the Upload button.
- Files selected for upload will automatically appear on the Pending Files tab. There is no need to click a Process button anymore.
- Districts can add multiple files to the pending files upload queue.
- The process can take some time, so the district may have to wait on a file or files depending on file size.
Once the importer finishes, files will disappear from the Pending Files tab. To view the status and other details of the file import, click on the History tab. Once the imports are successfully completed, they will have a green check mark.
State Test Files
As new state test file formats and new data from the files become available, the Eduphoria development team works to update the importer schema for the new data. Sometimes, districts will need to Re-Import Files to display updated data for analysis.
- Select a file on the History tab, then click the Re-Import File button.
- Wait for the files to process.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How does Aware link to students in the data files?
A: The importer actually tries several ways. First, it attempts to match on State ID. This might be SSN or another PEIMS identifier. If this fails (the file does not contain that ID, or Aware doesn't find the student), it attempts to match by the student's first name, last name, and date of birth. If this fails, it can attempt to match on the student's Local, District ID. The system should only look at Local, District ID if the district has that option checked in the following location: Aware > Analyze tab > Configuration Options > Advanced tab > Check data files for local ID number matches. (See the image below.)