Quintile Analysis Reports
Quintile Analysis Reports are used for analyzing the performance gap of students and the distribution scores by district or campus. The PDF report will display the performance of students on an individual assessment into five equal groups. Each quintile is then used to discuss the various student learning needs and plan for targeted instruction.
Users with District Data Viewer, Principal, and Teachers (linked to a SIS account) can create quintile reports by choosing Reports in the Analyze tab in Aware.
To create your Quintile Analysis Report:
1. Choose your state or local assessment. Search for the test by typing a title of the test. For example, type "STAAR" and click enter. You will then see the options narrowed for only STAAR in the title. Type a grade level and click enter. Your results will be narrowed by all the filters you add. Once you have found your specific test, select it and click Choose Test.
District – Make no changes to this area and report will create the quintile report of all district data for the assessment selected (District Data Viewers Only)
Campus – Search for campus title and report will create the quintile report of the campus data for the assessment selected (District Data Viewers and Campus Principals)
3. Select the Time Period for the students.
- Where They Were - Displays results based on where the students were enrolled at the time they were administered the test.
- Where They Are Now - Displays results based on where the students are currently enrolled.
4. Select the Filter (optional)
5. Submit Report
Sample Quintile Analysis Report. After organizing the students into the five Quintiles, the average percent score is calculated for each group and is displayed at the top of each column of student names. This value is repeated on every page of the full quintile report.
STAAR Progress Notation