Enhanced Curriculum Views: A powerful new tool for lead4ward, these curriculum views replace the Heat Map by Unit. Designed to bring your scope and sequence, lesson planning data, state data, and local assessment data all together for you, this new view can empower you with information to evaluate your order of instruction, assessment alignments, and professional development planning.
Video Demonstration of Curriculum Views
A few things to note:
- Roles of District Data Viewers and Principals will see curriculum views.
- Curriculum Views are best viewed in Chrome. Safari, Firefox, and Microsoft Edge should work also.
Forethought Scope & Sequence Connection
1. In Forethought, curriculum writers (and/or delegates) should edit the units or group folders with the number of days for the instructional period. This number can be edited at any time. It does not display for teachers in the curriculum pane of Forethought. It is used only for grouping the units by days in this new curriculum view.
Forethought > Manage Learning Standards > Click on Course > Double-click on unit or group folder > Type number in text box > Click off the unit to save.
2. The ideal situation for these curriculum views is to have the standards actually copied and pasted into the unit/group folders. For information on how to do this, visit the Forethought online help page.
How to Access and Understand Curriculum Views
1. Curriculum Views are found in Aware > Analyze Tab > Curriculum Views > Drill down to the course to analyze
2. Select the instructional calendar year, the published or draft mode of the scope and sequence, and either the district level or individual campus breakdown for the curriculum view.
Shaded Areas - SE Included in Unit
3. Once the instructional days have been added and the TEKS have been grouped by unit, the curriculum view shows the standards that are included in that unit in the shaded area. In the image below, the Student Expectations are listed on the left column. The blue-grayish shaded areas displays when the SE's are included in the Forethought Scope and Sequence.
Date and Instructional Day Information
4. Hover over the break between Units or the lines separating the SE's. This displays the date and number of instructional day for the school year.
Forethought Lesson Planner Standards Coverage
5. Hover over the BLUE thin bars. This displays the number of teachers that added that standard to their lesson planner for the day.
6. Hover over the thick bars of red, orange, yellow and green colors. This displays the local assessment results (percent average score) along with the name of the assessment.
Color details here...