Click HERE to view a video on Conducting an Informal Walkthrough.
To conduct an informal walkthrough, you must first create a New Evaluation.
To create a New Evaluation:
- Select a teacher in the My Staff list
- Click the New Evaluation button in the Teacher Options list. (For PDAS Exempt it will say New Walkthrough.)
- The New Evaluation wizard will appear, requesting the following:
- The type of evaluation
- The walkthrough template to use
- Information about the class, such as class name/class period
- The date, start time, and end time of the walk-through
Now that the walkthrough is created, it needs to be completed.
To complete an informal walkthrough evaluation:
- Select an evaluation in the Walkthroughs and Evaluations list. Note: Each walkthrough in the list will have the title of the walkthrough template you chose
- Place a check for each item you witnessed in the classroom during the walk-through and enter any comments (if available).
- Click the Save button
- Click the Let Teacher View button to enable the teacher to view the evaluation in their PDAS interface. An email will be sent to the teacher indicating that a new evaluation is available to view. The date and time that you made the evaluation available will be stored, and you will also be informed once the teacher has viewed the walkthrough
- Once you let the teacher view the walkthrough, you will be able to electronically sign it. For more information on electronic signatures, refer to the Electronic Signatures article in our help section
- Click the printer icon to print the evaluation as needed. Teachers also have the option to print
|Change Date and Time - Click to change the date, time, class information, or assignment area for the evaluation.|
|Spell Check - Click to have the spelling checked for the comments sections in the document.|
|Evaluation Comments - Click to script comments or view comments scripted during the evaluation from the handheld or tablet.|
|Clear the Entire Walkthrough - This will remove all checks from checkboxes and text from comment sections.|
|Staff Member / Appraiser Comments - Click to add a comment for the staff member. The staff member will be able to add a comment as well. Note: The comment(s) will be permanently attached to the walkthrough. The only way to delete a comment is to delete the walkthrough completely.|
|Electronic Signatures - Click to sign the evaluation. You must click Let Teacher View the evaluation before you will be able to see this icon.|