Click HERE to view a video on Conducting a Formal Observation.
To conduct a Formal Observation, you must first create a New Evaluation.
To create a Formal Observation evaluation:
- Select a teacher in the My Staff list
- Click the New Evaluation button in the Teacher Options list
- The New Evaluation wizard will appear, requesting the following:
- The type of evaluation
- The date, start time, and end time of the observation
Now that the observation is created, it must be completed.
To complete an observation:
- Select an evaluation in the Teacher Documents list
- Select a rating for each objective in the list, which automatically updates the teacher's domain score
- Navigate through each PDAS domain by using the 1 - 8 navigation buttons. Your selections will auto-save as you move between domains
- Add remarks for Comments, Strengths, and Areas to Address for each domain or use predetermined district comments
- Click Save
|Let Teacher View - Click to enable the teacher to view the evaluation in their PDAS interface. An email will be sent to the teacher indicating that a new evaluation is available to view. The time and date that you made the evaluation available will also be stored, and the form will inform you when the teacher views the evaluation.|
|Change Date and Time - To change the date, time, class information, or assignment area for the evaluation, click the Change Date and Time button on the toolbar.|
|View Help - Click to view the scoring guide for each domain question.|
|Spell Check - Click to have the spelling checked for the comments sections in the document.|
|Evaluation Comments - Click to script comments or view comments scripted during the evaluation from the handheld or tablet.|
|Staff Member/Appraiser Comments - Click to add a comment for the staff member. The staff member will be able to add a comment as well. Note: The comment(s) will be permanently attached to the observation. The only way to delete a comment is to delete the observation completely.|
|Electronic Signatures - Click to sign the evaluation. You must click to Let Teacher View the evaluation before you will be able to see this icon.|