Copying & Advanced Features
Forethought allows you to copy lesson plans with a variety of options. When you copy the following ways, the software will copy learning standards, text and attachments.
Buttons to reference in this section:
Send Lesson To:
Click in the grey Entry bar to access this button
Open lesson plan viewer for week view
Open lesson plan viewer on a week with lesson plans
Here are the ways you can copy lesson plans:
- Copy from daily entry to a daily entry (same course) using Send Lesson To button
- Copy from day to day or week to week in Copy Wizard from week view
- Copy entry from shared to individual (same course) using Send Lesson To button
- Copy entire week from shared to individual (matching like courses) using Copy Week in week view
- Copy day or week from shared to individual (matching like courses) using Copy Wizard in week view
- Copy entry from team to individual (same course) using Send Lesson To button
- Copy entire week from team to individual (matching like courses) using Copy Week in week view
- Copy day or week from team to individual (matching like courses) using Copy Wizard in week view
- Copy days or weeks from year to year within Team Planner using Copy Wizard in week view
What can you not do?
- Copy from individual to a shared
- Copy from individual to a team
- Copy from within the same year in a team
- NEVER edit a shared planner - only edit your individual or team
Copying Lesson Plans
The Forethought lesson planner gives you the flexibility to copy individual lessons, a day's lesson plans or even an entire week.
Note: Plans must be in Week View to see the Copy Wizard.
Copy Wizard Options
- Copy content in your individual planner
- Copy instructional days from year to year
- Shift lesson plans a day
- Choose to copy content for an entire day or week.
- Select the day or week to be copied.
- Select the destination day or week to copy content.
- Confirm your selections and click Finish.
Notes regarding copying:
- If no lesson structure exists for that date, the first schedule in your list will be used.
- Lessons of the same course will be copied in the order they appear in the target date. Additional plans will not be automatically entered. For example, if you have two U.S. History plans in the source planner and only one in the target date, only the first will be copied. The second will not be added.
- Content will be added to any existing lessons (appended) that exist in the target dates or weeks.
- There is no "undo" when you copy lessons.
Copy Instructional Days from Year to Year
We strongly recommend that you do NOT copy the entire semester or year. There is no undo option! It is best to copy a couple of weeks at a time by limiting the copy down to 10 to 15 instructional days.
For occasions such as an inclement weather day or unexpected event, lesson plans can be shifted ahead one day. Shifting lesson plans will move all content up one day from the day selected to the end of the instructional year.
Note: If any content on the last day of the instructional year exists, it will be removed.
Send Lesson To
This function allows you to copy an entry to another entry. Make sure you save your lesson plans before you copy. Select the Send Lesson To button in the entry blue-gray box. Choose a target date from the calendar. Then select the course that matches the original entry by checking the box. Click OK. This action will append the entry to the target entry's plans.