Team Planners allow you to plan with your peers in your school or across the district.
Options for team organizations include:
- Grade Level Team - This type of team is most appropriate for elementary and intermediate teachers where each teacher in a grade level might plan for a subject and all teachers in the team pull content from the team. This may even be appropriate for cross-campus grade levels.
- Subject Area Team - A team based on a subject area is most appropriate for junior high and high school teachers. An example might include creating a "High School Math" team that covers all math subjects. You do not have to teach all subjects on a team to participate in the team. You can pull content from only the subjects you teach.
- Curriculum Map Team - This type of team is appropriate for setting up a curriculum map for reference. This does not include detailed plans but rather a general outline of the district curriculum to follow.
Items to Consider
- Teams can be created by any teacher and only one member needs to create the team planner.
- Teams are collaborative and there is no "Team Leader."
- Team members cannot be added to a team UNLESS that teacher has setup the planner.
- Team members can be added and removed by any member of the team.
- Once the last team member is removed, the team is removed from the system and all team content is erased!
- Principals can view all team information and content.
Create a New Team
- Give the team name a detailed and distinctive name.
- Add Members
- Add Course(s). You cannot edit the name of a course in a team planner
Adding content to a Team PlannerWhen a team planner is selected under My Lesson Plans, additional setting options appear in the bottom left corner.
Note: Two team members cannot edit the same entry for the same day at the same time. If you try to edit the entry that someone else has checked out, Forethought will not let you check it out also.
Copying an entry from the team planner to your planner
|Follow the same directions as copying an entry in your own planner.|
|This option will only appear in the team planner in Week View. If selected, the entire week's plans will copy from the team to your own planner. It will copy like courses to like courses.|
It is important for all teachers on a team to COPY the team plans from the team planner to individual planners. Here are reasons why:
- The Standard Coverage Report won't give you credit for your standards if it's only in the team planner.
- You can differentiate your lessons for your students if you copy from team planner to your individual planner.
- The Team Planner could accidentally get deleted if all of the members are removed from the planner - see below.
|Team planners include a discussion board for all members and principals with access to the team planner. Post new threads and reply as needed. Note the option to email when a new post is added.|
Deleting a Team Planner
|If you remove every member from a team planner, then click NEXT, the team planner will be DELETED and it will be removed from all member's lesson planner page. Please note, it will also DELETE all of the team plans that had been created in the team planner.|
REMEMBER....after removing all of the members and clicking NEXT......it will DELETE ALL of the PLANS....make sure you want to do this before you do it!