Step 1 - Enable Licenses for Appraise
Training Video - Enabling Licenses
System Management > Manage Schools > School > Licenses Tab > Check Appraise License > Save -- Repeat for all Schools participating in the T-TESS pilot.
Note: Departments do not need licenses for the tool to work, therefore you don't have to enable any licenses for your departments. If a user from a department has a role for Appraise or has been selected to be appraised, they will be able to see Appraise on their login screen.
Step 2 - Assign Roles
Training Video - Assigning Roles
System Management > Manage Users > Search User > Roles tab
Grant yourself (and other district-level managers as needed) the role of Appraisal Administrator first so that you can see Appraise and the Manage Tab. You might also need to give District Appraiser or District Appraisal Viewer.
Grant Principals the Principal role in Appraise
Grant AP's either the Principal role in Appraise or VP/Limited AND School Walkthrough Appraiser.
- Note: The roles in Appraise mirror the roles in PDAS. The PDAS roles report might help guide roles assignment for Appraise.
Appraise > Manage tab > General Options > General Options
- Locate the T-TESS/T-PESS Documents
- Generate Frameworks
- 2016 SAMPLE T-TESS EMBEDDED Goals and Self Assessment - This template will allow you to integrate the New Goals feature with the Goals Document form.
- 2016 T-TESS Teacher Self-Assessment and Goal Setting
- 2016 SAMPLE T-TESS Walkthrough - Domain 2: Instruction
- 2016 SAMPLE T-TESS Walkthrough - Domain 3: Learning Environment
- 2016 SAMPLE T-TESS Walkthrough-D1-3
- 2016 SAMPLE T-TESS Walkthrough-D2-3
- 2016 SAMPLE T-TESS Observation - Entire Process
- 2016 SAMPLE T-TESS Observation Only
- 2016 SAMPLE T-TESS Observation Rubric
- 2016 SAMPLE T-TESS Post Conference
- 2016 SAMPLE T-TESS Pre Conference
- 2016 T-TESS SummativeT-TESS Summative
- Appraise>Manage Tab>General Options>Click Generate T-TESS and T-PESS documents to install
- These can be found and previewed in Manage Tab > Evaluation Templates > Open the Evaluation type to select the templates.
Appraisal Administrators: Each of these templates can be viewed, edited, and deleted. These were given as merely a guide or options for your pilot. Please feel free to add to, edit, rename, delete, or whatever you need to do to make this pilot your own.
- Eduphoria Community - will allow districts to share forms.
Step 5 - Basic Editing of Templates
- Changing the Title:
Appraise > Manage Tab > Evaluation Template > Select Template > Edit the title under the Template details.
- Editing the Template Icon:
Appraise > Manage Tab > Evaluation Template > Select Template > Edit the icon under the Template details.
- Deleting a Template:
Appraise > Manage Tab > Evaluation Template > Select Template > Select Delete
Appraise > Manage tab > Appraisee Types
- Appraisee Type Options > New Appraisee Type
- Name your Appraisee Type > Next > Finish
Appraise > Manage tab > Appraisee Templates/Types
- Appraisee Template Options > Select Template
- Edit Title/Icon if desired
- Select documents that will be used for that Appraisee type
- Choose whether to allow staff to upload documents
- Select Framework for Goals if applicable
- Copying PDAS Walkthrough Templates - Not required
- Copying Custom Evaluation Templates - Not required
- Customizing Labels for Goals
- Customize verbiage for your SMART Goal including the ability to give descriptions or “hints”
- Appraise > Manage tab > General Options > Labels
- Eduphoria Community
- Importing templates
- Editing after import
- Disabling community