Professional Development Levels
Professional Development Levels enable districts to configure different development levels for their staff to achieve. These can be found in the Manage tab under Workshop Setup in Workshop.
To create a new Professional Development Level, click Add New Level in the lower left hand corner.
General Tab for PD Levels
The General Tab within a PD Level allows you to title the level, give it a description, and choose an image that best represents it.
Requirements Tab for PD Levels
The Credit Requirements Tab within a PD Level allows you to set the Credit Items needed to achieve a specific level. A combination of various credit types or just one credit type can be assigned to a level.
This tab will also give you the option of how credit should be approved and granted to staff members. The choices are:
- Automatically, once the requirements are earned.
- Principals should approve the request.
- Professional development administrators should approve the request.
The Prerequisite Levels Tab within a PD Level allows you to create a prerequisite PD Level in order to qualify for this level. This tab will list the other PD Levels you already have created for you to choose from.
Questionnaire Tab for PD Levels
The Questionnaire Tab within a PD Level allows you to set a question or questions to ask staff members to complete when they submit their credit request. To add a question type your question into the box beside Add Item and then click Add Item. Once you have created a question you can edit or remove the question using the buttons on the right hand side.
The answers to the questionnaires will be included in the credit request that go to the principal or manager for approval.
Staff Tab for PD Levels
The Staff Tab within a PD Level lists all staff members who have been awarded the PD Level along with the date they were awarded it. From this tab you can manually award a particular staff member by clicking the staff members name and Assign Level. You can also remove the level from a staff member by clicking Remove Level and change the award date on the calendar.
A course survey is either required for attendees or not used at all. If required, attendees MUST complete the assigned survey to receive credit for a course. Once the course has ended or the instructor has enabled the survey, attendees can complete and submit it. However, once the course has been marked completed the survey is no longer active and attendees cannot complete it.
The Course Survey section can be found in the Manage tab under Workshop Setup in Workshop.
In order to create a new survey click Add New Survey in the lower left hand corner of the screen. A wizard will pop up in the right hand column that will take you through the steps to setup a new survey including naming the survey and starting with a blank survey or copying one that already exists.
Begin adding questions by selecting Add Question from the top toolbar. A list of question types will open in a drop down box.
- Instruction Block - Directions or information regarding the survey.
- Multiple Choice - A group of choices that only allows the attendee to select one option that would apply to the question.
- Multiple Selection - A group of choices and the attendee can select as many options that would apply to the question.
- True/False - A question to which th attendee can state true or false.
- Text - The attendee can type a response into a text field.
- Matrix - Columns and rows that allow attendees to select from a range of choices. For example, rate aspects of the class by Outstanding, Satisfactory, Below Satisfactory, and Does Not Meet Expectations.
- See additional instructions below.
- Calendar - The ability to select a date on a given calendar.
The question type will then appear as text in the list. Select "Click to edit question" to add data to the question. Don't forget to click SAVE!
Matrix Question Creation
- Select the Matrix question type under the Add Question option.
- Click the "Click to edit question" text, and the editing interface will appear in the bottom portion of the screen.
- Enter the question text for your matrix question.
- Type each matrix column one at a time, and click Add Column after each entry.
- Type each matrix row one at a time, and click Add Row after each entry.
- Click the Save button in the middle of the screen, and the matrix question preview will appear at the top of the screen.
The toolbar features the ability to delete the survey, delete a question. add a question, move questions up and down with the blue arrows, publish and lock the survey, and make default survey after publishing it.
After the survey has been created and edited select Publish & Lock. Once a survey is published and locked, it cannot be changed due to the fact that data is already submitted based on that survey.
The goals section allows districts to align staff development courses to school and districts goals or improvement plans. It can be found on the Manage tab under Workshop Setup in Workshop.
Tip: If you cannot see Goals under Workshop Setup please make sure it is not disabled under General Options. If it is disabled it will have a red [Disabled] beside it. To enable it click Goals Integration and Enable this Feature.
To create an new goal click Add New Document in the lower left hand corner. Give the Goal document a title that includes the school name.
Identify whether the document is a district-wide or a school/campus-based document. If school is selected, identify the correct school/campus next.
On the Goals Tab, enter the goal number and text. The goals can then be edited, moved, or removed.
Publish only when all components of the document have been entered and are ready to be displayed to district staff members.
In the future if the goals are modified, either archive the goal (especially if there are workshop courses connected to the goals) or delete it.
Tip: The Goals report displays district goals data assigned to course and portfolio events.