Course Credit Types
This screen allows districts to create and configure credit types that are assigned to courses. If no types exist, the district can create credit types by clicking on Create New Credit Type. After creating a blank credit type, the district will need to complete the following fields:
- Title of the credit type
- A short description (optional)
- Should the credit type be active (default)
- Should the type be available for campus courses (default)
- Should the type be available for outside credit (default)
- Should the credit type be hidden on registration page
- Should the type be available for the shopping cart
- What image used to represent the credit type
Credit Review Tab: The district is able to assign a staff member to review and pre-approve the course credits which involve a specific credit type. Add Staff or Remove Staff as needed.
For example, the GT Update (2015-2016) Credit Type is assigned to the GT Coordinator on the Credit Review tab. By assigning the GT Coordinator as the credit type reviewer, this allows the GT Coordinator to control outside credit requests for the GT credit type. The GT Coordinator would need to review all GT credit type requests before credit can be granted by the designated school or district approver.
Save as necessary.
CAUTION: Deleting a credit type that has been assigned to courses will remove earned credits from individuals' portfolios and administrators will no longer be able to run reports on the deleted credit type.
This screen allows a district to create and manage course categories. These are the choices that staff members will have when first entering Workshop. If no categories exist, the district can add a category by selecting Add Standard Category or Add Group Category.
A standard category is a single group of like courses, whereas a group category is a collection of subgroups of like courses. After creating a standard category, the district will need to input:
- Category name
- A brief description (optional); This description will appear on the Course Registration page and will take up real estate.
- An alternate URL which can be used to redirect the user to an alternate registration site (i.e. regional service center, college, neighboring district, etc.)
- Category image
When all information is changed or entered, remember to click Save Category or Delete Category if this category is no longer needed.
Group Category: A collection of subgroups of like courses
When creating a new Group Category, enter the details of the course category, or select a specific category to edit the details. Similar information is entered for both Standard and Group categories.
- Note: Alternate URLs do not exist within Group Categories.
Group Items Tab: Enter subgroups to further define course categories.
For example, Technology is a Group Category in the screenshot below. The subgroups can be added on the Group Items tab. In this case, Eduphoria!, Gradebook, Interactive White Boards and Software are all subgroups of the Technology group category. Districts also create subgroups labeled "High School," "Middle School," and "Elementary School" under content area group categories. Save or Delete categories as necessary.
This screen allows you to enter and manage all district training locations. If no locations exist within the list, you can add a location by clicking Add Training Location. Once selected, you will be prompted with a blank location, and will need to input:
- Location name
- Physical address of the location
- Driving directions to the location
- URL to Online Map
- Maximum seating (this will NOT be used to determine cut off on registration)
- Any special notes about the location (optional)
Remember to Save Location when information is entered or changed. You can Delete Location if necessary.