Each student has a profile that can be accessed in Aware. Users can drill down to the student profile by double-clicking on the student's name from a data view.
Users can also employ the Search feature in the Students tab to locate a student and access their profile.
Searching for students on the Students tab works the same way it does on the Analyze and Assessments tabs. Users can apply multiple filters, such as grade levels, student ID, student name, campus, ethnicity, and forms. However, users will type search fields to narrow the list of students instead of selecting a checkbox or drop-down list item.
For assistance searching, click the ? next to the search bar.
The General tab offers student password support and displays the student's supports, codes, and current schedule. A student can be coded for programs such as special education, ESL, economic disadvantage, and others.
Tests and Scores Tab
All student performance data including state tests, local assessments, imported assessments, and student inventories are viewed on the Tests and Scores tab.
There are two ways to access the complete test history:
- Drilling down on a specific student from a specific test and then selecting Show All Tests
- Searching for the student from the Students tab and clicking on the Tests and Scores tab
Printing from this screen will print a complete test history for the student.
Each type of assessment or data set has its own section within the tab. The current year's assessments in each type will show by default. To view all assessments of a type including previous years, click Show All Scores.
Items like state tests also have Summary sections. Students with historical data have their scores displayed in a color coded line graph with the actual values displayed below. The actual sections, not summaries, are the same list of scores below. You can double-click on the scores within the summary and items within the lower sections to view specific information about a test or assessment.
There are two ways to access the test details:
- Drilling down on the student from a specific test
- Searching for the student from the Students tab, clicking the Tests and Scores tab, and double-clicking on a specific test
Comparison Histogram: Shows a distribution of scale (or percent) scores for the campus and district. The X axis represents the scale scores. The Y axis represents the percentage of students who fell within that group. The dot represents where the student fell.
Objective Performance Chart: Shows how the student performed on each objective, compared to the campus and district.
Reporting Categories and Student Expectations: Shows the number of categories/SE's correct out of the total number of objectives/SE's on the test.
Individual Question Response: Shows exactly what the student bubbled on the answer document, as well as the category and SE for each question.
Printing from this screen will print a detailed item analysis for the test.
The Forms tab contains all forms for a student.
If you have rights to edit (fill out) a form, below is a description of the icons that you will see when editing a form.
- Save - This button saves information that has been filled out in the form. It is important to note that all required questions must be filled out in order for a form to save.
- Mark as Updated - When this button is clicked, an auto-generated email will be sent to all of the teachers in the affected student's schedule.
- Print - The print button will print out a paper copy of only the answers given on each question in the form.
- Archive - Archiving a form will make a form unable to be changed after that point. An archived form will be housed in the school year that it was added to the student.
- Delete - The red "X" removes the form and form data from the student. Delete rights can be set in the form management which might make this option unavailable to certain users.
- Refresh Data - The refresh data button will cause the auto-populate question types to pull new data and overwrite the existing data on those particular questions. The auto-populate questions are student information as well as test and score information.
The Journal tab displays any journal actions added to the student profile. The types of journal actions can be customized on the Students tab and may include items such as general notes, phone calls, emails, parent meetings, discipline/office referrals, rewards, and more. Teachers can use this tab to document specific parent contact including parent phone calls, parent emails, and parent meetings on the Journal tab.
Note: Teachers will only be able to view journal actions they actually add. Principals can see all journal actions added to the student profile.
To add a journal item:
- Select Add Action Item.
- Choose the action item.
- Enter the text for the journal action.
- Select Add Item.
- Select the Print button to print journal actions.
- Select the Delete button to delete a journal action.
Any journal action added will display the title, who added the action item, and the date.
The Portfolios tab displays all student portfolios that past and present teachers have assigned the student. Any teacher of record or campus/district administrator will have access to view the Portfolio tab and its historical data, which will display the following:
- Portfolio Name
- Year Created
- Teacher Name
- Growth Rubric Score
Once a user double clicks on the portfolio, the user will see the student’s milestones (rubric fields and assessment fields), teacher comments, and the achieved Student Growth Goal overall as they are added. The data will continue to update throughout the year, and a final score will display on the portfolio at the end of the year. A teacher will be able to edit the portfolio until they no longer have access to the students attached to the portfolio. At that time, the portfolio will be automatically archived and no longer editable.
Article is closed for comments.