Workshop gives you the ability to track your entire professional development history, including college courses, in-district courses, and outside workshops or conferences, and SBEC certifications in the state of Texas.
Tip: to view portfolio items in previous years, click the expand arrow this can be done in the side column or in the main portfolio page.
Viewing New Entries
Registering for a district workshop will create a new entry in your portfolio. Selecting the course entry enables you to view the course details, access instructor notes, include your own notes, complete the course survey for credit (if enabled by the district,) and print your course certificate.
To View a course entry in your portfolio:
- Select My Portfolio on the Workshop tab.
- Select the course in your portfolio to view the course details on the Overview tab.
- Click the Instructor Notes, My Notes, Discussion, and Survey tabs to view the various course options.
If an instructor includes course notes or file attachments for the course, these will be visible under the Instructor Notes tab.
To add personal notes and file attachments:
- Select the My Notes tab.
- Enter text in the My Notes area and click the Save button in the toolbar.
- Click the blue paper clip to add files to this class.
Any personal and instructor notes will remain in your portfolio, enabling you to access these resources at any time. Threaded discussions related to the course will appear under the Discussion tab.
Completing a Survey
To complete a course survey after the class has occurred:
- Click the Survey tab (it may be necessary to click the course listing again to refresh the page) and complete the survey.
- If a survey is required to receive credit, you must complete and submit the survey in order to receive automatic credit. Once the survey is submitted, you will automatically receive credit.
- Click the Submit Survey button at the bottom of the survey.
Print your Certificate
Once a survey has been completed and you receive credit for a course, clicking the Reports button under the course details will allow you to print your course certificate.
Printing Your Portfolio
The portfolio summary will print all professional development credits, events, and history in your portfolio.
Select the Portfolio Summary at the top of your portfolio. Click the Print button on the details toolbar. You can then save the file to your computer or print.