These apply to District Courses, School Courses & eCourses. These roles are assigned in System Management.
Professional Development Administrator
- This role manages all aspects of Workshop including setup options, feature enabling, course creating, attendance management, credit request reviews, course manager assignment, etc.
- This role is best limited to a small number of users.
- View staff portfolios
- Review credit requests (if this is the setting enabled by the district)
- Run limited reports
Note: A user with the Principal role can only view staff associated with his/her school.
School Course Editor
- Create, edit and manage school courses
District Course Editor
- Create, edit and manage ALL district courses (including those district courses created by other course creators)
District Credit Approver
- Approve credit requests at the district level
Limited Course Creator
- Create and manage courses where user is Course Creator
- Manage courses when designated as the Course Creator
- *** If enabled, Limited Course Creators must submit courses for approval and will not be able to edit course details or grant custom credit for approved courses.
Within Workshop > Manage tab > Workshop Setup, the district can also identify course Instructors. Click here to access additional information about Instructors: Managing Your Courses.
- Send a mass email to all attendees in the class
- View the Overview tab details
- Add instructor notes, make them visible and add file attachments to the Class Notes tab
- View and contribute to class discussion on the Discussion tab
- Take attendance on the Attendance tab if this option is allowed by the district
- Print course details
- Print a sign-in sheet
- Print course credit
- Enable or disable the course survey prior to course completion from the Survey tab