Managing an eCourse is the ability to manage all settings, options, and attendees for a course. Developing the content and assessments for a course is outlined in the help articles on Instructing and Authoring an eCourse.
After clicking on the Workshop Manage tab and selecting Course Management, then eCourses, each eCourse will appear in one of the following states: Draft, Active, or Archived.
- Draft eCourses are those that can be authored and edited but are not available for registration. By default, all new eCourses are placed in Draft mode.
- Active eCourses are those that have been completed and are new ready for registration.
- Archived eCourses are active courses that contain submissions which have been deactivated. They will retain their place in staff portfolios, but no new attendees will be allowed to register for them.
In the tool bar at the top, you will see the options to Save, Delete, change the State of the Course, Print course reports and Email the entire class.
A course can exist in a Draft, Active, or Archive state.
- Draft state - all eCourses begin in this mode which keeps the course hidden to staff until it made active.
- Active state - course is available for staff members to register for and participate in the eCourse.
- Archived state - Additional enrollment is no longer allowed and completion status of each attendees is retained, along with content.
The print icon allows you to print Course Details, Certificates and Course Credit. Certificates will only print for those participants who have completed the eCourse and received full or partial credit. The Course Credit option allows you to view all participants, their enrollment dates, their status in the course, whether they have completed the survey and any credit they have earned.
Email Attendees opens an editor to compose an email message that will be sent to all attendees.
*Note: If the option "Use mail client for email dialogs" is enabled (in General Options, Messaging), the email will not be sent by schoolobjects.com. Instead it will open your default email program and populate the "To:" field with the email address of every attendee. This will allow you to send the email as yourself instead of as the system.
This is an overview of setup options.
The Setup tab will allow you to assign or change the course title, description, additional information, instructors, content authors, course managers, course survey, course credit, elective credit, course categories, course stipends (if enabled) and course goals.
Title & Description
Enter the title of the course as you want it to appear for attendees to view in the course catalog. You can also enter a description and prerequisite information that will also appear for participants to view to help them select courses. Based on the information posted in the above graphic, the information will appear in the registration page as what is below:
The Attendees tab will allow you to control the enrollment and award or deny credit for this course. The list of enrolled staff works very much like standard courses. However, you will notice there are a few less options.
When all settings have been entered, you can then Save this course and use the top toolbar button to make the course active. You can also use the top toolbar to print certificates and email all registered attendees.