Updated March 2016
- Districts will continue to use Workshop for Professional Development.
- New features will be available in Workshop this Spring.
- Additional features that reflect modern and innovative professional development processes are underway. We will continue to apply input from our customers throughout the development process.
Evaluations in PDAS & Appraise
- Eduphoria has a T-TESS and T-PESS solution using Appraise.
- Eduphoria will automatically activate Appraise licenses to all current PDAS customers later this Spring.
- PDAS will NOT DISAPPEAR! Districts will still have access to PDAS throughout the current school year (15-16). You will need to finish the current school year as you would normally in PDAS. You will archive this summer as you would normally.
- Historical PDAS evaluation data will continue to be available for districts as you transition to Appraise. At some point down the road, we are planning on migrating the historical PDAS archived documents into Appraise. That's the plan.
- All templates from the TEA for T-TESS and T-PESS will be available in Appraise.
- Districts will have the ability to customize certain templates, scoring and language as needed, as well as adding custom evaluation documents created by your district.
- Eduphoria’s training and support team will assist districts in the transition by providing licenses, customizable templates, training webinars, and documentation to use in your implementation.
- Additional features are in development for Appraise that will enhance the evaluation process. Examples include; robust goals management and integration with Workshop, expanded reporting capabilities, and powerful reporting for administrators.
Future of Strive
- Appraise and Workshop will receive necessary Pre-Release Updates until their merger into Strive, an integrated solution for professional growth and evaluation for educators.
- The transition to Strive will be seamless.
- Our new developments will provide versatile learning options, mobile responsiveness, learning plans, and robust reporting.
We use Workshop now. Will we be moving to a new software?
Nope. Districts currently using Workshop will continue to use Workshop and can expect some exciting and valuable releases to improve current features and provide new features. In early 2016 several features, including reports, will be updated!
How will out-of-district credit requests be handled?
There is an improved out-of-district credit request feature in Workshop now. All out-of-district PD will show in the user's portfolio the same way in-district PD does.
I use PDAS now and will need to use Appraise for T-TESS and T-PESS. What will I need to do?
Eduphoria will enable licenses for Appraise this Spring to allow districts to prepare, plan, and even train staff on the new tool. The best news is that Appraise and PDAS are VERY SIMILAR. As dozens of pilot districts can attest, their transition was straightforward and painless.
Our training team will provide training materials with screenshots and videos as well as webinars to assist with the transition. We will supply the templates provided from T-TESS and T-PESS and allow districts to make customizations as needed. Appraise will easily allow this, since the TEA has shared that districts may make local decisions on certain aspects of the templates.
Is there a fee for switching from PDAS to Appraise or a change?
Nada, zero, $0. If your district does not currently purchase PDAS or Appraise and would like to, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or your partner ESC.
What are the plans for maintaining data collected in PDAS? Will we still have access?
Data collected in PDAS will not go away. All historical evaluation documents will be maintained in Eduphoria.
What about mobile functionality for Appraise?
Appraiser’s classroom-focused components will be mobile-ready for the 2016 beginning of school.
When will the Appraise license option be turned on for us so we can look at things?
Our programmers are currently working on a script that will automagically turn on the Appraise licenses for districts. The target date is by the end of April 2016. Until then, take some time to view the videos in online help for using T-TESS/T-PESS in Appraise.
After our licenses for Appraise are enabled, will we need to do anything?
Yes, your System Administrator will need to turn those licenses on for your campuses in your district. There are a few other steps, like assigning roles and importing templates. Check the page on T-TESS in Appraise for more details.
How do I access the Sample T-TESS/T-PESS documents (goals, walkthrough, observation, summative, evaluation templates)?
Once Appraise has been turned on for your district (April target date) you will be able to go to the Manage tab, click on General Options, and you will see the "easy button" that says Generate T-TESS/T-PESS Documents.
If the goal is to turn Appraise on for all districts in April, what is the goal for moving over the data from PDAS?
The developers are currently working on the process to migrate the data. They will make that data available as soon as possible. We know we wait all districts to Archive their PDAS this summer before the move. In the meantime, you will have access to PDAS and all of your data will be there until it is moved over to Appraise.
Where can I find more information about using Appraise for T-TESS?
Click on the help icon in the upper right hand corner from any Euphoria app, or go to https://eduphoria.zendesk.com. From the list, click on T-TESS/T-PESS District Information. You will find many help topics for each of your groups--teachers, appraisers, administrators, etc.
What kind of T-TESS forms do you have in Appraise? Is there a place where I can see them?
In an effort to help districts have a "starting place" for T-TESS, our Training Team has created a variety of "Sample" forms for all of the processes and preloaded them into Appraise. Your district will have the option to keep these forms as they are, adapt or delete.
*We highly recommend that the administration determine what each of those forms should look like to meet the needs of your district.
As soon as your license for Appraise is turned on, you will be able to see the forms.
Are your online training videos in the help section captioned?
Yes. Most of the videos have captions that appear on the right side of the screen as the video is playing.
Will there be a connection between Workshop and Appraise for Teacher PD evidence collection?
Yes. Initially, the teacher will be able to upload evidence from their Workshop portfolio directly into their Goal to verify their steps toward attaining their goal.
What if I have other questions about the specifics of T-TESS/T-PESS?
More to come....