** NEW: Training Video: What Teachers Need To Do
This is an 18 minute video that is great to share with teachers. This is focused specifically on the teacher view and creating, editing, and managing enhanced goals.
Appraise: Goals Feature Thursday, August 11 - 10:00 AM CST
Topic: Focus on the process of using the new enhanced goals feature in Appraise. Including creating, editing, deleting, adding evidence and using the message feature. This training will cover the goals feature from every user perspective.
Target Audience: District-level Appraise trainers, Principals, Teachers
This webinar is an hour long and focuses more on both teacher and principal sides of goal creation and management.
Appraise Setup for Teachers
As a teacher or staff member, you can do the following in Appraise:
- Create and Submit your Goals
- View your evaluations
- View reference documents
- Complete and submit evaluations
- Add comments to goals and your evaluations (optional feature)
- Attach files to your list of evaluations (optional feature)
STEP 1 - GETTING STARTED
- Logging in to Appraise
- From the Euphoria! home screen, open Appraise. (You will see Appraise on your home screen after your appraisal Principal has selected you to be appraised. If you don’t see Appraise when you log in to Eduphoria!, contact your appraisal Principal).
STEP 2 - GOALS
- Creating Your Goals
- On the My Evaluations Tab (on the far left), click Evaluation Documents and select New Goal in the bottom left to create each of your goals.
- Fill out each section of the goal
- Title: Give your goal a title to easily identify it in your list of goals.
- Goal: This is what you want to achieve.
- Action: The steps you will take to work on your goal.
- Evidence of Attainment: How you will show that you have attained your goal.
- Target Completion Date: When you expect to complete the goal.
- Dimensions: The associated T-TESS dimensions that are addressed in your goal.
- Submitting Your Goals
- When you are ready to submit your goal, you can click the Submit to Appraiser button.
- This will send a notification to your supervisor that they can view your new goal.
- Revising Your Goals
- You have the ability to edit your goal as needed. Note: If you edit your goal, you will have to re-submit it to your appraiser for approval.
- Tracking Your Goal progress
- Throughout the year you will want to attach any evidence you collect to show the steps that you took to achieve that goal.
NOTE: Detailed Instructions for Goals can be found in the Enhanced Goals section.
STEP 3 - DOCUMENTS TO COMPLETE (Goals Document)
Note: If your district has created a Teacher Self Assessment form, it will be located in the Documents to Complete.
- Filling out the Teacher Self Assessment & Goal Setting Form
- In the Appraisals & Documents List locate the section for Documents to Complete
- Locate the district identified Teacher Self Assessment document. (The title may vary depending on your district)
- Click in each section and fill out the form.
- In the Goals section, select your goals that you created in the New Goal feature in step 1.
- When you are finished, click Save in the toolbar at the top of the document.
- To add any additional comments to the document for your appraiser to view, you can click on the Add comment icon
- There is also a print option which will generate this document as a PDF for printing or saving.
- To submit the goals document, click Submit to Appraiser.
- Remember there is no way to un-submit the document. However, you may be able to make changes after the document is submitted. Consult your district's policy on goals documents. If you are allowed to make changes to the document after submission, simply make those changes and click Save
STEP 4 - WALKTHROUGHS, OBSERVATIONS AND SUMMATIVE
- As your principal completes walkthroughs, observations, and the summative evaluation, you will be able to see those documents in Appraise under Appraisals and Documents.
- You can use the comments tool in any of the evaluation types to send a comment to your appraiser, and he/she will be notified via email when you save your comment. Remember, those comments cannot be edited or deleted once they have been saved.
- If your district is using electronic Signatures, don’t forget to sign your documents.