This is a temporary help article that covers information related to STAAR and STAAR EOC files for the 2015-2016 school year.
There have been a number of data integrity concerns related to STAAR and STAAR EOC files this school year. Files have been delivered to districts that had, in some cases, incomplete or wrong information.
Below is a list of all the relevant data files for the 2015-2016 accountability year.
- Summer 2015 STAAR EOC from Pearson
- Fall 2015 STAAR EOC from ETS (some districts have reported receiving an updated version)
- STAAR Grades 5 and 8 First Administration March 2016 from ETS (districts have not yet received a version that includes ELL Progress info)
- Spring 2016 STAAR EOC from ETS (districts likely have multiple files of varying size; districts will reportedly receive updated files on June 20)
- STAAR Grades 5 and 8 Second Administration May 2016 from ETS (districts will reportedly receive updated files June 20)
- STAAR Alternate 2 Grades 3-8 from Pearson
- STAAR Alternate 2 EOC from Pearson
- STAAR Grades 3-8 Big File from ETS (postponed via TEA due to reported ongoing issues until July 5)
Normally districts do not need to delete imported data from data files in Aware when they receive updated versions. However, for this school year Eduphoria recommends deleting bad data. (Please note: we at Eduphoria cannot confirm or validate data files.)
If your district has received an updated version of a data file, and that data file contains a complete set of student results (meaning not just the updated records):
- Locate and select the old file in the Upload history.
- Choose the option to "Delete Imported Data."
- Once the data are deleted, choose the "Delete File" option to remove it from the list.
- After the old file and data have been deleted, you may then upload the new, corrected file.
There is no need to have multiple versions of data files in the Upload history. Managing this list to just the correct files should help alleviate the potential for errors in program analysis.