Roster imports for hosted customers are a 2-part process. The first part occurs on your server (where the Remote Roster Tool is located). The second occurs on our servers.
On your server:
1. The Remote Roster Tool runs (either by scheduled task or if Run Now is clicked), and it pulls the data from your SIS.
2. The data is processed and output to 4 files (we'll call these the "hosted roster files")
These are saved in C:\Program Files\SchoolObjects\ImportTemp when the Remote Roster Tool is finished.
3. The tool then compresses and encrypts the files, and sends them to our servers.
On our servers:
1. When new hosted roster files have been sent over and our servers detect this, an import process begins. The four files are decrypted and processed using our Hosted Roster Connector
- It updates staff (SIS Accounts), students, courses, sections, terms, and rosters (student classes), in that order.
2. When it has finished importing these on our end, it sends a Roster Summary Report email to all roster administrators.
Notes on troubleshooting roster imports:
If you find a problem with your roster data, here are some things to check.
- First, make sure the data in your SIS views is correct.
- If the SIS data looks good, run the Remote Roster Tool and check the hosted roster files in C:\Program Files\SchoolObjects\ImportTemp
- If the data looks good in the files on your end, but is still incorrect in Aware, check the hosted roster files that have been sent to us
- You can download these in Web Manager -> Roster tab -> Manage Roster Import -> Connectors tab -> Download Last Uploaded Roster Files
- This will download a zip file with the 4 hosted roster files that were last sent to us.
- If these files are also correct, but the data in Aware is incorrect, it must be an issue with the import on our servers. Contact Support.
Of course, if you're ever unsure about anything, don't hesitate to contact Support.