In Strive and Appraise, an important maintenance item when starting a new school year is to archive past evaluations to PDF, so they cannot be modified. However, the ability to archive appraisals should be used with caution. Documents converted to PDF cannot be changed once the archive process runs. This should ONLY be run after every single evaluation has been completed for a school year.
- In Strive, click on Appraisal Settings
- Under Evaluation Management, click Archive Appraisals
- Select items to archive
- Set the archive dates. Accurate dates are CRITICAL!
- Click the Archive Now button
The archive process will run overnight.
Exporting Archived Appraisals (optional)
There is also an option to Export archived documents in Strive for districts that want to keep a local archive of their evaluation documents.
This can be accessed by going to Strive > General Options > Export tab. This will export previously archived evaluation documents to a zip file by school year.
- Select the school year and choose the sorting option for the directory between the choice of staff email address or employee ID.
- Click the Export Documents button.