The Administration View is where test authors associate which students will be assigned the assessment and when and how that data will be collected.
Rescore a Test
Rescoring can be used if:
- The Performance Levels need to be changed
- The key needs to be corrected
- Question weighting needs to be changed
- The question needs to be associated with a different learning standard
Clear Answer Documents
There are two ways that answer documents can be cleared/deleted:
- By student - If a student's answer document was accidentally scanned and the score needs to be removed, click the Delete Answer Sheet button. Select the student from the list and choose Remove. If a student's answer document is removed, the document cannot be rescanned because the code at the bottom of the answer document becomes invalid. Please use this feature with caution!
- All answer documents - If the test needs to be changed (i.e. a question needs to be added or removed), all answer documents can be cleared so that the test can be changed. By using Clear Answer Sheets, all student scores associated with the test are deleted. Any answer documents printed prior to clearing the answer documents need to be reprinted because all answer documents previously printed become invalid. Use caution when clearing all answer documents!
Associating a Test with Students
Assigning students begins on the Students tab with aligning which campus(es) will be participating in the assessment. The grade level will default to the grade level of the test and filter to only those campuses that have students in that grade level. Either select the campus(es) manually from the list, or click Select All. If the campus that you are searching for is not present, change the grade level from the dropdown menu.
There are five ways a student can be assigned to a test:
- Students in selected courses - select the appropriate roster courses for the test. This is the most widely used option because it allows teachers to print their own answer documents by their roster classes. This is also the best choice for allowing online testing.
- Students by their homeroom/advisor teachers - for each campus, select the homeroom/advisor teachers for the test. This is NOT used most of the time because districts rarely import their advisor teachers.
- All students in the test's grade level - if all students for an entire grade will be taking the test and answer documents do not need to be organized by courses or teachers, this option can be used. This option is generally used for a "mock" test situations. Note: Only the test administrator can print answer documents by grade level. This option is not broken up by class and cannot be used for online testing.
- All students at selected campuses - for each campus that is selected in the Campus Tab, all students for each campus will be assigned to the test. This is NOT used most of the time because tests are rarely made for multiple grade levels.
- Selected teachers for printing - for each campus, select the teacher associated with the test. If this option is selected, benchmark printers and administrators will not be able to print answer documents for the teacher. Only the teacher will be able to print the answer documents.
Student filtering limits printing of answer documents by program status, form, grade level, or monitor group. If multiple filters are applied across the same filtering category, students can meet either criterion selected. For example, if At Risk and Section 504 are selected, any students who are At Risk OR Section 504 will be included. However, if Third grade is also selected, only Third grade At Risk OR Third grade Section 504 students will be included.
The Collection Tab is used to determine when and how the test will be administered along with the method(s) used to collect the student responses.
The start and end dates determine when the test is available for teachers. The dates do not affect scanning.
ONLINE TESTING - Select this option if students will take a test online. Students will navigate to the district's online testing path url. We recommend that districts save this as a bookmark for students if possible (see the Online Testing Path in the screenshot below). They will log in with their student ID number and password.
There are three ways a student password can be set:
- The General Tab in the student's profile
- They can be imported via a csv file from the Roster Tab in SchoolObjects:management
- By the eduphoria System Administrator in System Management under Manage Schools and clicking Set Default Password; This will give all students for that school the same password.
To enable online testing, toggle the switch to on.
- Select one of the following Online Testing Proctor Controls:
- Teachers - the teacher will need to Start online testing once the students are ready to begin taking a test. The teacher will also need to Stop online testing once students are finished testing.
- Administrators Only - A test administrator will need to Start online testing once the students are ready to begin taking a test. An administrator will also need to Stoponline testing once students are finished testing.
There is also an option to turn ON an embedded calculator to be available in the online test.
Before Implementing Online Testing
Eduphoria strongly recommends that districts preview tests on the Collection tab during assessment creation before administering an online test.
- Confirm that all images, resources and multi-media files are functioning properly.
- Make sure you test on the same type of computer (Mac, PC, Chromebook, etc.) with the same operating system (iOS, Windows 10, etc.) using the same browser version [Chrome 52.0.2743.82 (64-bit), IE 10, etc.] that your students will use during online testing.
- Eduphoria officially supports online testing using desktops, laptops and Chromebooks.
- The preferred browser for online testing is Chrome.
PLAIN PAPER TESTING
The test administrator can control who can print the answer documents:
- Teachers & Administrators will allow the teachers to print answer documents from Test Available on the Analyze Tab in Aware
- Administrators Only will deny teachers the ability to print answer documents.
Note: Testing administrators are able to print answer documents for teachers with either choice. The only exception applies when the selected teachers for printing option is chosen on the Students Tab. This mandates that the teacher will be the one to print.
Print Answer Documents
To print the answer documents as a testing administrator, click the Print Answer Documents button.
Note: While the test is in the Pending state, this button will be Print Sample. The wizard will display the campuses, teachers, courses, and sections that will print. Deselect any of these to narrow down which answer documents are to be printed. By default answer documents will be sorted alphabetically by teacher and course and section. To print all students alphabetically, select the option Print students alphabetically.
Questions teachers can answer - controls how teachers can submit answers for their students on assessments.
There are 2 options that the test administrator can choose from when administering a test:
- Teacher-graded questions - once an answer document is scanned, this option will allow the teacher to enter the answers for the constructed response questions ONLY for each student. All the objective answers will be grayed out for the teacher. If the student wrote a short answer response on the answer document, the teacher will be able to view a digital image of the student's answer on the test entry screen as they score the document. If a scoring guide has been included on the test, the teacher can also view the scoring guide while scoring the test.
- All questions - this option will allow teachers to answer all questions at any time, prior to, or after scanning.
Student Response Pad Testing
Student response pad testing must be turned on in order to administer the test using the response pad or "clicker" hardware. Find the online help article related to the particular vendor to see specific instructions pertaining to those particular student response systems.
Third-party pre-printed form testing
This option allows for Scantron preprinted form testing. Click the Export Slug File button and the wizard on the right will display the campuses, teachers, and sections that will print. Deselect any of these to narrow down which Scantron answer sheets will be printed. By default the file will be sorted alphabetically by teacher and course and section. To print students alphabetically, select the option Print students alphabetically.
- No more than 60 multiple choice questions on a test
- Multiple selection answers are not supported
- Selected response questions have a limit of 5 answer choices, fewer is OK
- Numerical responses (griddables):
- No more than 12 numerical responses
- Must be at the end of the test
- Total length of the response cannot be greater than 9 characters, including all numbers, the decimal, and the minus symbol if required
- On the Students Tab, the option selected teachers for printing cannot be selected
**Note: If any of these conditions are not met, the scantron ON button and slug button will be disabled.